Monday, March 28

SOON TO BE NEW GRANDMA

My baby is going to have a baby. I can hardly believe it. I don’t think it has sunk in yet that she is even married. Now everyone thinks they got married because they had to but that is not the case. All year they had been planning to get married before December. They had so many things going on at the time that they never got around to make any arrangement. They moved their wedding date to March 5 and told us about it way back in last Sept-Nov. Then Christmas came and went and they never got around to making any arrangements again. I told them they should just elope or they would never get married at the rate things were going.

They began telling us "You’ll never know."

Around Christmas Angela was having some problems and was put on a medication that counteracts birth control. Wouldn’t you know it - baby on the way. They didn’t want to tell me till at least they had gone through the first trimester.

Now if anyone from my family has any extra cribs, strollers, clothing, blankets, etc. Let us know. They are willing to pay for them if need be. They are going to be going to garage sales and such to look for stuff in good condition that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

So now I have to learn to be a grandmother. What do they do besides loving and spoiling them? Hee Hee.

I have to quit smoking, get healthier, declutter my house, paint all rooms inside, have a huge garage sale, get new carpets so the baby can crawl on my floors, start sewing again, learn about kids all over again and be ready for anything. You think I can do all that before the middle of August? I’ll give it a good try and see what happens.

Have a heart felt day for this grandmother to be, and a good one for yourself as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dallas.

You are right that you should stop smoking - not just for your health (so you will be around long enough to see your baby's baby have babies), but mostly for the new baby.

Even though Craig and Terry never smoked, when the twins were little they were at their Grandma's and aunties that did smoke and they ended up with many more health problems.

Maybe this is your best motivation! Congratulations again - it is oodle of fun.

Darlene Schacht said...

You will be a great Grandmother. I thought I left a comment here last night, but it's gone.

Start sewing, because you are right; that's what Grandmas do. I don't have any baby stuff at all, sorry.

Career Guy said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, Tink! That's wonderful news. We were lucky enough to have our son and daughter-in-law and grandson Max live with us for about 10 months after he was first born, so we got to really bond with him. So, don't be like my Kathy--definitely stop smoking. Then learn to microwave mac and cheese, so that you too will be known as "the best food maker ever", as Max knows Kathy.

Cindy-Lou said...

Congrats, Tink! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful grandma!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS DALLAS!!!!!! I am so very happy for you. I am sure you will be a wonderful grandmother! (Val will have fun too.)Just think, all that fun and love and you don't have to get up at 2 a.m. for feedings!
God Bless

Elaine said...

Congrats! Sorry . . . no baby stuff. But a great place to get the stuff is at the Winnipeg Multiples Garage Sale. It is I believe, next Saturday at Gateway Recreation Center. It is open to public, even if you don't have twins. GREAT GREAT stuff. But you have to get there early - - big line ups. If you or Angela are interested I can get you more info.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP