Wednesday, March 2

HAVE A COKE FREE DAY.

Yesterday I went into the city. I live out of town so I don't get into the city very often. I leave early in the morning with my husband, get dropped off at either my mom's or my daughter's and then spend the day at their house. Quite often I meet my best friend for lunch when I am in as well. When I come home in the evenings I feel like I have been gone for about a week.

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. For a change I got good news. I found I lost 12 pounds without really even trying. (I need to get my weight down as my blood pressure is so high.) Last month I lost 3 and 1/2 pounds. I found out that just by not drinking any kind of pop any more, I am losing weight. The doctor said being hooked on pop can be worse than being hooked on smoking. Can you believe that? I can.

You see, I have been a coke addict for most of my life. Ever since I could afford pop, out I would run and buy it. First thing in the morning there is nothing like having a coke to cut through jungle mouth. Ummmm Coke. It's the refreshingest.

I used to drink regular coke till I started gaining weight. Then for some reason, I thought diet coke would help. It didn't. Then I thought caffeeine free would help. It didn't. But I kept drinking it anyway. I ended up with some disease called Peripheral Neuropothy. It is where all your peripheral nerves start to die. They never told me that coke could possible be causing it. They thought it was from Alcohol and I kept trying to tell the doctor's that I didn't drink alcohol but they didn't believe me. So now I have barely any feelings in my legs or feet. Since then I changed doctors.

The latest thing that finally got through to me was when I found out my kidneys are starting to go. Doctor said no pop, no coffee, no juice, nothing but water. I found that a little harsh to do all at once so I cut back. I drink only 2 cups of coffee in the morning, kool-aid made with artificial sweetner, loads of water and a coke on the weekends or when I go into the city. Sort of like a treat. I look forward to the weekends and my treat now and I'm losing all this weight to boot. Yipee!

One question the doctor asked me that made sense is "Have you ever seen anyone that drinks diet pop that has lost weight?" To tell you the truth, I haven't. Most people I know that drink alot of pop have gained weight. Pop has alot of salt in it and it causes you to retain water. If you must drink pop, then by all means drink loads of water to wash the salt out of your system. At the very least double the water for the pop intake.

I think that is all I will say on this blog. Have a coke free day.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Good for you! I am addicted to coke big time. I know I need to cut back.

Career Guy said...

Tink,
Maybe we should start a "recovering Darlene addicts" group.
I quit drinking Coke about a year ago and immediately lost seven pounds. I did quit cold turkey, and it was a little rough, but now I crave water! I drink gallons of the stuff and I feel great.
Years ago I read about how the artifical sweetener in diet pop gets converted to a form of alcohol, so that might have something to do with what you are experiencing.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP