Wednesday, March 16

FINALLY, I CAN SPILL THE BEANS

I am so pleased to announce that my youngest daughter Angela got married on March 5th of this year to a wonderful man named Robert. They eloped and shocked the heck out of me. I was not allowed to tell anyone till they had the announcements out in the mail.

She had been living with this guy for the past year and being a Christian, that didn’t sit right with me. They had first planned to get married in Dec/2004 but there were so many things in their lives that they didn’t get around to making any arrangements. Then they planned for March 5th of this year but again things weren’t happening. Too many things they had to attend to first so they put it off. The way things were going, I thought they might never get married or if they did it might be way off in the future some time.

On March 7th was our anniversary. Well on March 6th they came over for the evening to bring us an anniversary present. They never mentioned a word or even hinted that they had been married the day before. We invited them out for supper with us the next night.
My husband and I got there just a few minutes before they did. We were already seated and they walked in. I saw my daughter carrying some sort of bag with her and wasn’t sure what she had. We ordered our drinks and meal and then she took out the bag and slid it across the table to my husband. He took out this binder type notebook that had flowers pasted on the front and the date March 5,2005 on it. When you opened up the cover the first page says "Welcome to the wedding of Angela and Robert". I thought she had made up this book to show us what she had planned to do for her wedding when they did get around to getting married. I was thinking "What a cute idea"

Then we looked at the next page. There was my daughter and her husband all dressed up in wedding clothes with flowers all around. My first thought was "How did they do that? Did they transfer their heads on someone else’s bodies by computer?" It slowly started to seep in.

I said "Did you get married?"
She said "Yes"
"When?" I asked
"March 5th" she responded
"Where" I asked
She answered, "At a marriage commissoner’s house. He has his basement set up for weddings."
I said "So you are really married now?"
"Yes" they both said
"And you are really my son-in-law now". I said
"Yes" he said.
At that point I reached over and gave him a great big hug and kept saying "My son, my son."

Needless to say, I was so excited after I got over the initial shock. I stopped the waitress dead in her tracks just to be able to tell someone. That’s when they told me I couldn’t tell anyone till they got their announcements out in the mail. Do you know how hard it was keeping it a secret?

So now both my daughters are married to the greatest son-in-laws I could ask for.

And they all lived happily ever after.....NOT

Have a surprisingly good day.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful story and an even more wonderful reaction from a loving mother!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

So happy for your happiness, and Ang's. Please congrat them both from me.

Anonymous said...

Send my congrats to Angela and Rob!

Bonnie

Darlene Schacht said...

Yay, sorry I didn't comment the other day, I was having so much problems commenting anywhere and so I gave up. It's much easier now.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP