Tuesday, March 22

HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW JESUS?

I once read something that asked "How well do you know Jesus?" You were asked to talk about Jesus for about 25 minutes without mentioning any of the things He did in the Bible. It had to be just from your own experience and what you know about him.

In this blog I am going to attempt to do that. I have never tried it before and always meant to. I probably wouldn’t even scratch the surface.

I met this man called Jesus about 32 years ago. I was intruduced to him by an uncle. There was something about this man that stirred something deep within me. It seemed I just couldn’t be around him enough. I wanted to really get to know him well and wanted to listen to everything he had to say.

The first day after I met him I realized how well mannered he was. I said a swear word and in the gentlest of voices he told me I shouldn’t do that. I was a bit taken aback by the remark but didn’t think a whole lot of it. I hardly ever swore like that again because it just didn’t seem proper in his presence. A few days later he confronted me on my behaviour again. I had a fight with my mother and hung up the phone on her. He very lovingly told me I should phone her back and apologize. I argued that she should apologize. Then he repeated that I should phone her back and apologize. He had such love and caring in his voice and asked me if I loved him. I said yes and phoned and apologized.

That’s how our relationship has been. Whenever he asks me to do anything, I want to do it as I see so much love inside of him. And he is always doing things for me. Sometimes I don’t even notice the things he has done till months after. Like certain habits. I used to love going to socials, I lived for socials. Then about six months after meeting Jesus, I noticed I hadn’t been to a social in ages. I never really missed it at all either. He just filled my time with such stimulation that I never even realized.

I went through a very bad spell for a number of years. Jesus was the best friend ever. He stood by me the whole time and kept reassuring me that he loved me. There were times I didn’t even want him around but he stayed anyway and I am so glad he did. He didn’t try to tell me what to do or what to think. He just went through it with me and that was exactly what I needed.

I’ve also found he has a great sense of humour. A few times he has let that side of him be seen. One time he got even with a guy for me and it was the funniest thing ever. His revenge was the best revenge and no one was hurt in it and it showed his sense of humour.

When I lost my son through still birth, Jesus went through it with me. He gave me one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. The Peace that Passes understanding. You can’t describe it to someone else. You have to experience this yourself. It was great. He was a great comfort during that time.

I used to get this unusual fear when I would be in church sometimes. I didn’t really know what it was or what was causing it. One day Jesus asked me if I wanted the fear removed. I said "Yes." and he took it away. It seemed he not only took that indescribable fear away but also a number of other fears I had over the years. I used to be so very shy and that fear of people has left. I am more open and outgoing now than I was before. Crowds still bother me, but it isn’t a fear anymore.

He is kind, giving, considerate, very loving and also a great doctor. He has healed me of a number of ailments. His discipline is alway given fairly and with much love. He is a miracle worker and has surprised us with a few of those. Being around him is a constant joy. He never gets boring and I have learned so much from him. I have much more to learn yet but I know I can count on him to be there to love and teach me. I know others may come and go and leave me alone, but I know without a shadow of doubt that no matter what happens, Jesus will stick by me.

I have so much more I could say but I guess a blog isn’t the best place to do it.

If you’ve never met Jesus, leave me your email address in the comments and I’ll introduce you to him.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I met Jesus as well when I was a young girl - two years old -
It has been quite the journey with Him

Darlene Schacht said...

Hello, I am reading.

Career Guy said...

Wow, Tink, that's a wonderful post. You've given me a real challenge to think of my relationship with Jesus like that. We became re-acquainted in 1978. He has given me so many gifts--some I didn't even ask for--he just handed them over. Thanks.
John

Cindy-Lou said...

Isn't He an awesome God? Great post, Tink!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP