Tuesday, March 8

MY DARLING DAUGHTERS

I am so blessed! I have an excellent husband, two of the most exceptional daughters in the whole world, and a very well behaved little lion dog. Who could ask for anything more?

I've already written about my husband so I think it is time to write about my daughters.

My first daughter, Sharleen, came two years after we were married. This little bundle of joy loved her daddy right from the start. I think the first words out of her mouth were "daddy do". Daddy had to do everything for her. Only daddy was allowed to put on her snow suit. Sometimes, only daddy was allowed to change her diapers. (That part I didn't mind at all.) For awhile it was so bad that I became jealous of daddy. Here was MY daughter and she loved Daddy more. I didn't really mind a lot. I was glad to see her loving her daddy and so glad to see him loving her as well.

She was our first born and we learned how to be parents through her. No matter how tight I would put those diapers on her at night, come morning she had gotten the diaper off and proceeded to play in her own poop. She would cover her bed as well as her body from head to toe. I couldn't even find a clean spot to touch to pick her up. I don't know how many mornings I woke up to that mess but eventually it ended.

Sharleen was a very strong willed child. If you told her not to touch something - she just HAD to touch it. We had to baby proof our house from top to bottom as there was nothing she couldn't get at. We knew we had to break her will but not her spirit. It was hard and we made a lot of mistakes and were even cruel at some times but we learned and she survived. She is still strong willed but that has turned into self-reliance and independence.

In Sharleen's teen years, the two of us became good friends. She has turned out to be a beautiful women with a handsome husband. I am so proud to have her as my daughter and my friend.

My second daughter, Angela, came after a miscarriage and a still birth, six years after Sharleen. She is the baby.

Now I don't know if we just learned how to be better parents with Angela or if she just had such a different disposition than Sharleen. We never had to baby proof anything with Angela. If you said "Don't touch" she didn't touch. She would get up in the mornings and watch cartoons and I could sleep in if I wanted to as she never got into anything.

She had a very strong consciences even from young. If she told a lie, I would say "Truth?" and she would tell me the truth. If she wouldn't then, she would come and tell me the truth before she went to bed at night. She would just feel so guilty about it. To this day I know I can believe what she tells me as she cannot lie easily.

Angela loves music of all kinds. By the time she was about three years old she knew hundreds of songs already. She would love to sit on my lap and sing. Her favorite expression was "What I sing mom, what I sing?" She can hear a song played maybe once or twice and can remember the words and tune to it. She is like a song magnet.

In elementary school Angela was one of the most popular girls in her school. Then they had to change schools for junior high and she became the school joke. Every one picked on her. It really affected her a lot, although her good grades never faltered. She ended up with very low self esteem and a lot of heart ache.

Over the years, Angela and I also became good friends. She turned into a beautiful woman and one I am so proud to have as a daughter and friend.

There is so much more I would love to say about my darling daughters but time and space do not allow. I am more than thankful for the two of them. They have made my life a joy worth living. They have blessed me beyond measure. They brought two GREAT son-in-laws into my life and they continue to be my friends. I am SO VERY PROUD of them both and what they have made of their lives. There isn't a thing I would change except to maybe have them closer to each other as sisters. I love them both with not only a mother's heart but also the heart of a dear friend.

Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I also have two very different children
One of whom is scientific and more guarded and one who is artistic and wild and open
I love them both
and admire the way they have become the adults that they are
both contributing to this world in a giving and caring way
I think it is one like papa and one like mama!!!

Darlene Schacht said...

Ahh. That was nice. They really are great women.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP