Saturday, March 26

VISIT TO THE BIG CITY

I went to the Big City on Wednesday and spent the day at my daughters house. Hadn’t been there since before Christmas I think. I’ve seen her a couple of time since then when I go over to my mother’s place.

I used to go to the city about once every two weeks and would go to my mom and dad’s. Then they moved closer to the other edge of the city and I went to my daughter’s place. Now I try to alternate back and forth.

This winter, I haven’t been into the city hardly at all. Just a few times for Doctor’s appointments and such. It has been way too cold. My husband has to go into the city every day to work so I tag along with him when I go in. Then he has to drive me to which ever place I am at and pick me up after work so we can get home to our little doggie. My daughter works all day but I get to spend a few hours with my best friend in the afternoon. Then when my daughter gets off of work I spend a couple of hours with her before my husband picks me up. My parents are home most of the time so I spend the day with them when I go there.

I find the long drive soooo tiring. I usually spend the next day sleeping most of the day and trying to recooperate. I’m weird, I know.

Yesterday was Good Friday and my husband was home all day so I didn’t really have any time to sit and blog. Today he has to work and then he gets Sunday and Monday off.

So now I have written half a page of nothing again. I seem to do that a lot. There isn’t a lot that happens in my life so I can’t write about all these amazing things I do.

When my daughter first moved out here, I had someone to do stuff with. Nearly every night we would go out for coffee and talk and talk and talk about all kinds of things. My husband never wanted to go out so we left him at home. She started making more friends out here and started hanging around with them. He started taking me out more. That didn’t last too long though as he isn’t the greatest of talkers. If he does talk it is all about work or stories I’ve heard a million times before. What do you expect two old crows to talk about?
I guess come summer we will have more to do and talk about. Winters are pretty dead around here. I think we only have a population of about 600 during the year and it goes up to about 3,000 people in the summer time. Then they all come out to their cottages and stay most of the summer. Only a few businesses stay open year round and the rest are only open during the summer. If you want any entertainment you have to travel to a little bigger town about 11 kilometres away.

I enjoy living out of town though. If you forget what you are doing all the neighbours will let you know. Everyone knows everyone and news spreads like wildfire. They greet you by name at the local Handi Mart. Phone numbers are easy, they all start with the same three digits. We have a beautiful lake at the end of our street. In winter it is just snow as far as the eye can see. We don’t have salesmen coming to the doors or phoning all the time. Life seems slower and more relaxed.

Have a countryfied or cityfied day, depending on where you live.

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

The country sounds like a lovely place in the summer, but way to boring in the winter for me.

I like the part of salesmen not coming to your door, that would be great. We get that so often now.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP