Thursday, March 3

FAVORITE THINGS.

Today is a down day. Two of my blog buddies are gone so I don't have them to read anymore and that makes me sad. A friend of mine found out bad news about her husband. He is dying and there isn't much the doctor's can do about it. He has heart problems and his arteries are so blocked and damaged that they can't even do a by-pass on them. If that wasn't enough, they found out that his neice was killed this weekend in a car accident. Her emotions right now are a wreck and when she is upset - it upsets me as well. Please pray for Tilly and Pete when you think of it.

Mary Poppins says: "When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things....and then I don't feel so bad." So maybe I will give it a try. These are some of my favorite things.

  • Touching a baby all over - they are so soft.
  • A soft rain on a partially sunny warm day where you can run through the puddles barefoot.
  • The smell of home made bread baking.
  • A really good t.v. show that stirs you to laugh out loud or cry uncontrollably.
  • Getting a parcel in the mail that you didn't expect. (Especially if it is loaded with craft supplies)
  • Spring time when the bugs haven't really started yet but the flowers are coming up.
  • Hoar frost on everything when you first wake up in the morning.
  • My girls calling or visiting.
  • Unexpected company when my house is clean.
  • Crafting, sewing, painting, stitching, etc.
  • Watching fireworks in a bug free environment.
  • The wind gently blowing through my hair.
  • Standing under a shower and just enjoying the nice warm water.
  • Getting a parcel in the mail that you didn't expect. (Especially if it is loaded with craft supplies)
  • A special cup of tea in fancy china.
  • A good mystery to solve.
  • Doing things that no one knows about.(like sending flowers annonymously)
  • Playing good humoured practical jokes on family members.
  • Surprising people.
  • A good in depth discussion.
  • Having my mother make my favorite meal.
  • Going for long rides through bush type country.
  • Getting a parcel in the mail that you didn't expect. (Especially if it is loaded with craft supplies)
  • Looking at the stars outside of the city on a clear night. Wow.
  • Looking at a mountain. (we live in the prairies)
  • Snuggling under nice warm blankets on a cold night.
  • Walking hand in hand with my husband.
  • Getting unexpected money from somewhere.
  • Finding a great bargain.
  • Going to do a discusting job only to find someone else has done it for you already.
  • Losing weight unexpectedly.
  • Did I mention getting a parcel in the mail that you didn't expect. (Especially if it is loaded with craft supplies)?

Well, those are some of my favorite things and they really don't cost a lot. Why is it that people think we need all these big fancy things to be happy. It is the little things in life that make us the happiest.

To all reading today, have a Supercallafragilisticexpealidotious day and list some of your favorite things.

3 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

Wow... so sorry you're having a down day. I can understand :)
Check out the post on my blog yesterday http://thesonginmyheart.blogspot.com
I put the lyrics to a song that means alot to me... you might enjoy them :) BTW, I read your blog regularly :)

Darlene Schacht said...

I am still around, so I will read your blog. You have read mine every single day since day one. If I miss a day, I can catch up on two or three later. But since I work on computer, I am sure I will check in regularly. Sorry to hear of your friend, is it Tilly's husband?

Career Guy said...

How can you call yourself "an old woman" at 53? I'm 55 on Sunday and my wife is three years older than I am, and we're not old yet. Maybe at 80 we might be old, but I can't imagine why.
Please visit my blog sometime.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP