Sunday, February 27

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Today is Sunday for most people but for me it is Saturday. Tomorrow is Sunday. You see, my Thursday is Friday for most people. Yet in my innards I feel that Thursday really is Friday as it is for everyone else but then I know it is more like Thursday once again. It really becomes confusing some time. You see my husband works 5 days a week and gets two days off for the weekend. Well his weekends are your Sundays and Mondays. So I become split. I would like to celebrate Friday nights like everyone else, but my husband has to work on Saturdays so I have to wait to celebrate anything. Then on Mondays when everyone else is going back to work, he is still home and I get very confused. Mind you my weeks seem very short - Tues to Fri.

O.k. enough of that. Today was a pretty good day. I had darling daughter number 2 visit me and darling daughter number 1 sign a comment on my blog. Wooo hooo. A day with both daughters involved in some small way. Darling daughter number 2 lives down the street from me and yet I only see her about once a month in winter (if that) Darling daughter number 1 lives in the city and I only see her when I go to the city or the odd weekend in the summer. She isn't much into emailing either but does call more often than number 2 which lives down the street.

My girls are very different than I was when I got married. I spent a lot of time at my parents house after I first got married. We were there night after night as we never knew what to do, yet we knew we didn't want to just sit around at home in our apartment. So off to mom and dad's we'd go. After all, I grew up with lots of sisters so I had a lot of friends (sort of) We were all very close and I missed the gang I guess.

We would manage to go to mom and dad's around supper time in those days as we hardly had any money and couldn't afford a lot of food. Mom always had plenty. I remember we would buy 10 cans of vegetable soup for $1.00 and 10 cans of tomatoe soup for $1.00. All our crackers and cookies were free as my Father-in-law worked at a biscuit company. That was our groceries for a week or more.

Anyway, I began talking about my girls and my day. I thought when I grew up I would have lots of kids visiting me in my old age. I tried for more but only ended up with two. I also thought I would have grandchildren visiting me but that is not the case either. So I rely on my two girls to visit and keep us company in our old age. NOT HAPPENING! (Here is a mother laying a guilt trip on her daughter in case you don't recognize it. Hee Hee.) Can I help it if I love my daughters so much that I enjoy their company?

I know they are both busy with their own lives and I don't regret that. I'm glad I taught them to be independent and self reliant. It is just that a mother likes to hear from her kids every now and then. That's why hearing from both of them today was special to me. Thanks girls for taking time out of your busy lives to acknowlege me today. I really appreciated it. I love you both (and know that they probably aren't reading this anyway).

Anyone and I meant anyone else reading this - give your mom a call today. I'm sure she will appreciate it. If you can't call, send her a little note just telling her you are thinking of her. Don't wait for mother's day - surprise her.

4 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Daughter 1 must love you if she left a comment. She is just not a blogger, I have never got a comment from her. Friday and Saturday are my weekends, so I say thank God it's Thursday!

Anonymous said...

And the million dollar question is:
Did you call your mom and surprise her???

Darlene Schacht said...

I like the picture of Val. Good one, it really captures his character well.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I don't have a mother. She left when I was 10 months old and I've never seen her since. But I do have 2 daughters and a son and I might send your post to oldest daughter who doesn't seem to think I need a call from her once in a while. Her life is toooo busy and she doesn't have time for mom. I think she's waiting to stop by to see me at my funeral.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP