Saturday, February 26

MOSTLY MY ADDICTIONS

Top o-the day to ye.
I thought I'd be a little Irish since it is the next closest holiday.

I sit here bored out of my head wondering what should I write. There's a world of topics and yet I sit wondering - what do others want to hear me write about? I feel inadequate for the job. But what the heck, I started this blog more as a journal than as a soap box for my rants and raves (even though that is why I said I started this blog) - So call me a liar, why don't you? So hear I sit between a rock and a hard place. Well not really, I am sitting at my desk in the middle of the messiest house on earth. You see, my boredom is self imposed. It is not that I don't have things to do - I have tons and tons of things to do - I just don't FEEL like doing them.

"Feeeelings, woe woe woe feeeeelings...." They sure can get you into a load of trouble? I am a person who tends to live on feelings. I was diagnosed with clinical depression when very young and my whole life has been about feelings. To top it off, I also suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) so come winter, I am a total basket case. I sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. When I'm not sleeping I am dreaming of sleeping. Oh, it is so good to crawl up into bed and put those nice warm quilts around you and just nod off into slumber land and forget about everything around you for a few hours.

Then I wake up and look around. UUUGH. The dishes aren't done, the floors are nearly black, vacuuming hasn't been done. Clothes are piled high and beginning to reek. Dust bunnies have invaded the house and I am surrounded. So rather than fight - I surrender to my little corner and blog. After all, there are people waiting to read me and it's the only excuse I can come up with right now.

When I am not blogging, I am crafting. I have artistic juices that flow and flow so I am always coming up with something to craft. If I can't come up with something on my own, I look through the internet to get ideas. Then I am gung ho into whatever it is I find to do.

Bye the way, did I mention I have a compulsive addictive behaviour? I never realized how bad it was until just a few years ago. I started looking back on my life and saw how I was into so many things for short spurts and then would change to something else. This one summer I thought "Wow, I haven't been into any crafts or anything this year, I think I am finally o.k." Then I looked outside and saw all the lawn ornaments I had bought or made that year. I had just moved my compulsive addiction outside that year.

Well, it is back inside and I am busy sewing, crafting, blogging, printing, painting, collecting, knitting, embroidery, scrapbooking, eating, playing computer games, reading, sleeping, anything but housework. Why, oh why, oh why, can't I get compulsive addictive about my housework? Just imagine a nice clean sparkling house. I'd love to have it but not able to do it. I wish I could afford a maid. Maybe I could get one and pay her off in crafts and clutter. I have plenty of that. Anyone interested?

While I am dreaming, what about a cook as well. Someone who could cook HEALTHY meals for my husband and I so we wouldn't be sitting hear slowing dying from heart problems. I know, that is part of the problem - sitting. We should be out doing things and exercising. Another thing I can't get addictive compulsive over, especially not in winter.

Speaking of dreaming, I would like a nice organized craft room where everything had a place. Then maybe I would feel more like cleaning. Now when I want to craft, everything ends up on the kitchen table, the island, the tables beside my chair (for the handiwork/TV items) and around the sewing machine in the living room. When people come over, I have to try to clear a space for them. When I put everything away, it takes so much time to gather everything from all the hidden nooks and crannies around the house that I end up putting off the crafting and just sit at the puter being bored. I have a spare room I could turn into a craft room, but no one to help me with it and no money to buy storage containers and the items I need to construct cupboards or shelving.

Having said all the above, I think it is time to turn to those amazing quilts again. Mmmm warmth and bliss of slumber. Till next time.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I was obsessive cumpulsive about cleaning for a while, it was great! It lasted about two-three months and then as fast as it came it went and was replaced with something else.

You will get addicted to blogging if you're not already, watch out!

Anonymous said...

Well I thought I better show my face at least once on here to let you know I am supportive. Where is a picture of Dad? Nice Son in laws and realy good looking daughters. My only other comment is, I have nothing really to say! Love you,

Me

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP