Friday, February 25

MY BEST FRIEND - TILLY



Yesterday I shared about some special people in my life and I kept the Very Best till last. Tilly.

My relationship with Tilly began slowly at first. Both of us were ‘on guard’, afraid of what the other might say or do. Tilly could sense I wasn’t really interested in pursuing a relationship yet something kept pushing her to seek me out. It didn’t take long before I was looking forward to our weekly visits and going out for lunch. During those lunches our friendship began to grow and blossom. (God definitely had a hand in it.)

It was during those lunches that I learned so much about Tilly. She began to slowly open her heart to me. A little here a little there. Just little peeks at first. I learned that she is a survivor of physical, mental, spiritual and sexual abuse. This woman has been through it all and still SURVIVES. Her story is unbelievable in itself. That someone could go through what this woman has gone through and still turn out to be the kind of woman she is - is truly remarkable and a miracle.

Her greatest strength (or vulnerability) is her compassion. She feels very deeply for those that are sick or in need of assistance. She is a care giver and has two special needs women that she has nurtured for the past 14 years. It is this same compassion that becomes a vulnerability when she thinks she has upset you or made you angry with her or let you down in some way.

She is very insightful when it comes to people. She can read them like a book. Little things we take for granted, she really sees. She sees past the masks and the words and looks deep within your soul. She doesn’t want you to cover it up, but to only be who and what you really are. You can dare to be yourself with her and she will love you all the more. This grace she will not allow herself though.

Tilly has taught me that it is o.k. to be myself. Even if I am full of weirdness - she still loves me. To me that is one of the greatest gifts I ever received. I am a person that has had a hard time feeling any kind of love in my life. I always thought I had to be a certain way, or do certain things before people would love me.

Being with Tilly, I feel like I have been set free. She understands the deep down nitty gritty of what I try to say where others seem to misunderstand me. She is looking past what is being said and seeing the heart and the real meaning behind it. She has taught me to look deep within myself and find out so many things I never knew.

You can tell her about your ego trips, self-importance, envies, hates, bitchy outbursts, your meanness and craziness and, in opening them up to her, they are accepted then dismissed and safe in the arms of her loyalty. With Tilly you just know that she would never breathe a word to another soul.

She has a great sense of humour. She is a great poem and song writer. She’s already had two of her songs played on the radio. There is so much more to Tilly but space and time don’t allow it.

Tilly understands me. I can weep with her, laugh with her, pray with her. Through it all - and underneath - she sees, knows and loves me and I love her.

I love her with all that is in me to love. She is MY BEST FRIEND and I thank God for bringing us together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Tink, I am humbled by your so gracious words. I give it all back to you. You have been so graciously accepting of all my flaws and super sensitivity. Thank you for the privilge of loving you. Thank you for the unconditional love I have received from you. Knowing you has made the journey less lonely, and so much more then it was before. God always knows what He is doing, doesn't He?

Darlene Schacht said...

I like the photos on the side bar. Your blog looks great!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP