Thursday, February 24

SPECIAL PEOPLE WHO TOUCHED MY LIFE

I thought I would blog in the evenings as my blogs would be more upbeat then, as I am more of an evening person. Well all day yesterday, all I thought about was "What should I blog?" It weighed heavily on me. Today I decided to just jump in and let my mind wander. If anyone finds it out there, please send it back home as I can’t live too long without it.

I’d like to mention a few people in today’s blog. These are special people.

The first I want to mention is my Aunt Joyce. Over the years I spent a lot of time at her place out in the country with my cousins. I used to go to Vacation Bible School with her daughters and I loved those times. She was one of the "NICE" aunts that didn’t force me to eat food I didn’t like. She lived right next door to another Aunt and also my Grandparents, yet I spent more time there than at the other two places.

I was (and am) a very picky eater. Aunt Joyce used to worry that I would starve to death at her place. One day she introduced me to Cheerios. I loved them and finished off the box. I guess she was so glad to find something I liked that she sent me to the store to buy another box and told me I could eat all I wanted. She doesn’t know what a treat that was to me.

I have loads of Aunts and Uncles (at least 44) and of all of them, Aunt Joyce is the one that still keeps in touch with me. Before she had a computer she would call the odd time to wish me a happy birthday or something. Now she has the puter, she drops me a line every once in awhile.

Aunty Joyce, I want to publically thank you for all the times I was allowed to stay with you. Thankyou. Thank you for introducing me to cheerios. Thank you for allowing me to attend Vacation Bible School and thank you for keeping in touch wth me now. I love you Aunty Joyce.

The next person I want to mention is a girl I met in grade 7. Her name is Diane. When we first met each other we both thought the other one was a snob because we were both so shy and didn’t know what to say to each other. We sat next to each other in class and before long we had a best friendship going on - during school hours only. It lasted all the way to grade 11 and a little beyond. She got married, I got married and we separated our ways.

Every year on my birthday or Christmas I get a card in the mail from Diane. She has kept in touch with me over all these years. She phones a few times a year and we yack for hours. She has always been the one to pursuit this friendship. I never send her cards or call her, yet she has remained faithful to our friendship. She is a very special lady. I love her dearly and thank her.

Now, I have saved the VERY BEST for last. Not because she deserves last place, but because there is so much to say about her.

I met Tilly at a church we had been attending in the city. She seemed like a nice woman that I might like to get to know. We saw her and her husband on occasion but it was just a general type of friendship at that time. Then they moved out of town and I remember saying "Oh, I am so glad we never became good friends as all my friends seem to move away."

A little background history: I had a hard time making friends to begin with and when I did, I would go gung ho into the relationship. I would give it my all. Then either the friend would move or we would move. Over the years I had been ‘burned’ quite a bit by this so I got to the point where I didn’t open myself up much to people at all. I didn’t want to be hurt again. Yet, I remember praying night after night that God would give me a "Best Friend".

Back to Tilly. One day Tilly was in the city and decided to come to my place and check out if I wanted to go to lunch. I was caught off guard and couldn’t really come up with an excuse not to go, so I went. About a week later, the same thing happened. Then the next week and the next and the next etc. Tilly kept pursuing me. Later I found out, it was not in her nature to do such a thing yet something kept her coming after me.

I have much more to say about Tilly but you will have to wait till my next installment.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

That was such an awesome post. You need to blog in the morning everytime! That was one of the best ones I've read. Handclaps and howls to Tilly for being the best friend in the world!

Darlene Schacht said...

You are one smart blogger. You figured out how to add your photo in such a short time, I am impressed!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP