Sunday, February 20

Over 50 and Bored

Here I am floating around in the blogging world and I don't have a clue what it is all about. This is my first blog ever.

Do I write to impress others or do I write for myself? Do I write corney stuff or regular stuff? Do I HAVE to write all the time? Do I just write random thoughts, serious subject matter, political stuff, regular stuff, or just stuff in general? Does anyone really care what I write at all? Do I expect answers to all these questions? Do I want to be read?

At the moment - no, I do not care to be read at all. Just wanted to see if I could do this. Also would like to have a diary of sorts but not take up space on my puter for that. Just want to sent it out into the air. Maybe other worlds will catch it and read it.

Stuff. Notice how often I wrote that word. Stuff. Isn't it the greatest word ever. I love the word. George Carlin once had a spoof on the word and I loved it. We all go around gathering stuff and doing stuff all the time. We build stuff and then we fill the buildings with stuff. Then we need more buildings for more stuff. It never ends. We have stuff that holds other stuff, we have stuff to put in stuff, we take stuff with us wherever we go, we wear stuff, we eat stuff, etc. Great word. Stuff coveres everything and everyone.

As you can see, I am writing random thoughts. Whatever comes into my head. Isn't that sad?

I earlier mentioned other worlds reading my blogs. I think that all around us is another world - a spiritual type world that is going on right along with our world. They can see us but we can't see them. They stick their noses into our world and toy with us but we don't ever get to glimpse their world. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pull the curtain back and see what they were up to for awhile and mess up their plans.

It blows my mind when I think that all around me there are baseball, football, hockey games going on in my living room. There are movies and songs being played all the time but I haven't the proper receptors in my brain to tune into these things and yet they are there all the time. How can a television set or a radio just pick them out of the air and our own brain can't. Electricity - we just flip a switch and it is on. Where does it come from and where does it go when we flip the switch off. It is a whole other world.

And we have this blogging world. People from all over the world writing their thoughts and sending them out to who knows where. Who reads them? Who cares what we have to say? For some reason we all have to have our say though. If Tom Dick or Harry get to say something - then I want to say something as well. It's only fair - right? Some entertain with their blogs and get dozens and dozens of readers. Some just write and are left all alone in their little universe. What they say doesn't matter to anyone - or so they think, but, there are many worlds out there and someone, somewhere IS reading.

So I say this to whoever may be reading this. I'm over 50 and bored so I am wasting time by writing random thoughts. What's your excuse for reading this junk?

3 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I'm under 40 and addicted to blogging, that's my excuse. I loved my first few days of blogging, I had so much I wanted to write and so much to say. After a short while I was tapped out. Perhaps I just came to expect too much of myself. I want each blog to be better than the one before. The presssure ahhhh.

Elaine said...

I am under 40, sometimes bored . . . but reading & writing too! I enjoy it but my life is busy with other things too. Plus my 'puter is downstairs so it is easy to forget about it sometimes.

Anyway. . . welcome to "blogland"

Dallas said...

Darlene, Elaine, Esm, and Paula

Thank you all for commenting on my blog. How did you get my addy as if I didn't know - Darlene. If not Darlene, then you will have to let me know how to do it. Tilly tried to comment to me and ended up starting her own blog as well. Her addy is http://journay.blogspot.com
if anyone wants to check her out and encourage her to write as well.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP