Monday, February 21

Shape up or ship out

O.k. so real people from this world are reading this. I guess I better shape up then and write some really meaty gritty stuff (There's that word again) Problem is, I haven't taken my soap box out of storage yet and I have nothing to get on it for. This whole blogging thing sort of hit me between the eyes. I wasn't quite ready for it yet. Mind you, I've been on computers for years and have space for my own homepage and I am still not quite ready for that yet. Maybe some times the best way is to just jump in with both feet. I keep thinking that if I have a home page, what will I put on it? So there it sits, ready to be used and I haven't a clue.

Most people I have seen in the blogging world are younger people. I guess it is because when you get older - like me - you forget a lot - and I mean A LOT. You forget what you are there for. What was it I was supposed to write? What is my site called again? The younger people can write about their kids and their adventures while us older people can write about our aches and pains.

It is funny that as you get older and you ask your friends how they are they begin to really tell you. When I was younger and I'd ask someone how they were doing, they'd say "Oh, just fine." even if they were suffering from a case of Malaria topped off with the Asian flue and two broken knee caps. At my age now, if I ask someone how they are, they say "Oh my goiter is acting up and I have to get an MRI and a dog and cat scan for the bumps that are breaking out all over my head. The doctor gave me some medication for the Swelling under my knees but says there isn't too much he can do about the loss of vision in my left eye, the deafness in my left ear and the way my head seems to wobble back and forth all the time. Other than the limp, I am fine." The strange thing is that I do the same thing. I actually think people really want to know. Why do you think that is?

Speaking of old age. I find it so fascinating that when I look in a mirror, I don't see the real me there. I see someone else. Inside this body of mine is a whole other person that hardly anyone else really knows. She is still young and much prettier than the old hag that looks at me from the mirror now. She came quite a few years back and just stayed. This body around her has aged and can't do half the things it used to do, but, the girl lives on. She wants to be with the young folk and doing young things, but the young folk look at her like she is soooo weird, and then the body doesn't co-operate worth a darn.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a second chance. I would take much better care of this body and keep it exercised so when I got this age I could still do things I did when younger. But we were young and didn't believe anyone when they told us, so now we suffer the affects of aging.

I often think of the people in the Bible that lived 700 and 800 years old. What do you think they looked like? Do you think they aged as fast as we do? I think at 100 years old they would still be like kids running and jumping and having fun. What would I do with another 700 to 800 years of life? I think I better get in shape or ship out if I have that much more time ahead of me. Bend and stretch......

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

It's never too late. Michael has a handsome guy working accross from him at their shop. He is about 83 and he looks 50 something. He swims everyday. Yaowzer, he's in good shape!

But didn't you know that the fat ladies move in and swallow the skinny girls that are in there late 20s?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP