Tuesday, August 2

THE BIG TOWN

I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! I took a few weeks to psych myself up and then I took the plunge. I drove to THE BIG TOWN and back - ALL BY MYSELF. I was so proud of myself. I prayed lots before going and while on the way. When I got there, I paused in the car and said out loud "I can't believe I did it, Thank you Lord". I even drove 100 on the highway and I wasn't too nervous. Yipee! I've got wings, I can fly. This little birdie has left the nest.

I didn't drive in the big town as I am not used to a lot of traffic yet but I went shopping on the large department stores just outside of town. One of these days I may even try going to THE BIG CITY and back. That will take a whole lot of psyching up to do and loads and loads of prayers as that is about 50 kilometres away. Soon winter will be here and this little birdie is going to hibernate I think.

On my BIG shopping trip I spent a little fortune. I got a fold up wooden table I wanted. It has 4 fold up chairs that hide inside and the whole thing folds up to a small table that can fit against a wall. I am going to be using it for an island and then if I get company, I will open it up to a bigger table. The price tag on it was $269.00 and when I went to the check out they said they had just lowered the price that day, so it was only $199.00. Yipee! What a deal. Then I got two shorage units (for shoes, but I will use for crafts) a fold up table for my craft room and some storage baskets for my shelves.

I left one store and went across the street to another big store. There I found a patio set on sale (In store deal) for $149.99 It is a round glass table with umbrella, 4 metal chairs with padded cushions. All really pretty. I also bought a 3 seater swing for $129.00. I've always wanted a nice set like this and could never afford it.

For the past few days I have been enjoying my new purchases. I sit out on the swing and read and swing. I am going to be known as a swinger of a grandmother.
Soon the little grandkids will be arriving and I am so very excited about it. Can hardly wait.

Please say a prayer that both grandkids will be strong and healthy and there will be no complications with any of the mothers giving birth. I thank you in advance.

Must get busy and clean my house before the arrival of the little ones.

Hope you have a freeing day.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Tink, I am so excited for you to have gotten out. The Lord has put you on my heart to pray for you each day and now I know why. There is nothing like stepping out in faith and accomplishing something that has been difficult for us..again, so glad you grew wings and went to TOWN!

Babies and moms are being prayed for, and gma too!!

I bet you are enjoying that outdoor swing, I love mine spend as much time outdoors as possible. Post pics, we wanna see!!

Blessings to you this day!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Dallas,

Since I live on the very edge of the Big City you know I will expect a visit!

I'm even closer than the big department store!!!

Love you
Kathy

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on your big adventure...my heart was singing when I saw how you were able to take this trip - and I love shopping too!!! Enjoy your purchases

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP