Sunday, July 24

BABY SHOWER CRAFTS

For the past few weeks I have been getting ready for my daughter's baby shower. Being crafty came in handy and I had loads of fun making all kinds of things to decorate for the shower. I am including pictures as they tell alot of the story.


These were some clip art lambs I found on a site and we cut them out to decorate the walls. We stuck them on with that tacky stuff so there is no damage to the walls.
These were some little box patterns I found on a site. Printed them up, cut them out, glued them and voila - neat little decorations for the shower all at pennies a piece.

Don't know if you can see these o.k. but they are little party favors. They look like baby soothers. They are a life saver with a jelly been glued in the middle and hung from ribbon. The jelly bean is supposed to be stuck in with icing sugar but that didn't work and I had to resort to using glue to stick everything together.

Tried my hand at a diaper cake. Took alot of time but well worth it when I saw the finished product. I added colourful toys around it and on top to finish it all off.

A diaper wreath again decorated with diapers and colourful toys and lots and lots of ribbon.



Why buy a corsage when you can make one with a baby bonnet, booties, a soother, diaper pins, and loads of ribbons?





Crafting with food can be so much fun as well. Here I made a baby carriage out of a watermellon. Notice the wheels are made from a melon with hearth shapes cut out for wheels. Trimmed all in lace and filled with fruit salad.



Fruit cut into fancy shapes and then placed on a skewer stuck into the top of a pinapple makes a nice hawain type display. So much fun. Then loads of vegetables in all shapes and colours to stimulate the appetite.

Many thanks to everyone who complimented me on my creations. I had so much fun doing it all.

If you have craft ideas, please feel free to share them with me.

Hope you have a scrump deleisious(sp??) day filled with crafty ideas.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Tink, oh my I am totally intimitated. You are a wonderful crafter!! I needed a baby gift for a shower coming up...I think I will be making a diaper wreath! Thanks for the ideas and photos...Oh you are already a wonderful grandma...what a blessed baby this is!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! You SHOULD open up your own business!!!!! YOU would be so busy. When I think of all the time and work you put into those creations, again, WOW!!! Glad you had fun doing them. I love you!!! T.H.

Rebecca said...

That is quite the amazing display! It looks beautiful. I hope you all had a good time....

Darlene Schacht said...

The stuff looked even better in person if anyone can believe that. You are a great crafter, and this just seems to be the perfect niche for you. Isn't it odd that after all these years you find out that you are an amazing food artist. Ever think of working at Subway? ha ha. Of course not, you are way out of their league now!

Nettie said...

I love the diaper cake. And trust me, you are way too good for Subway.

Anonymous said...

You must be one of the best most loving mother and grandma to be in the world to really spend so much time on those things for your family i hope your girls and soon to be grandsons know they are the luckest people in the world. All of us should be so lucky. Good Job Grandma to be!!!!!!!!!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP