Thursday, August 11

PICS OF BABY CREATIONS

If you get a chance, go and visit This side of Heaven. (gmapam.blogspot.com) She has posted some pictures of the beautiful quilts she has made. I just love the colours. Her page inspired me to post some pics at my feeble attempts at quilt making.

I started making this into a baby blanket and when I saw all the work involved, it ended up being a baby pillow. You sew all the seams on the outside and then clip each seam to get the rugged look. Comes out nice and soft though.





Same pillow, different view.










This was my first attempt at a scrap quilt for a baby. All sort of flannel pieces sewn helter skelter with ribbons, lace, yo-yo's bows, etc. to add the finishing touches.






Hope you have a crafty day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tink,
Those are beutiful! I keep thinking about playing around with quilting, but I don't have alot of experience with my sewing machine, yet. I'm sure baby will love them ;)
Cindy Lou

Pam said...

Tink, cute cute cute. Those sew n clip quilts are really labor intensive, but they are so fun when finished, and a pillow would be perfect, what a wonderfully soft place to lay your head! Your scrappy/flannel/ribbon quilt is so fun! You did a great job, hold your head up and pat yourself on the back!

Pam said...

...and thanks for the compliments, quilting is my love and giving away quilts is the bestest thing ever! Thanks also for posting a link to my blog. Blessings to you my friend

Darlene Schacht said...

I totally love the pillow, it's adorable and I think it may look even better in that form than a quilt.

Nettie said...

Wow, cool way to recycle!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP