Saturday, July 2

WHAT A BARGAIN

I need to blog today and don’t know what to blog about. People write about things that happen to them so I am going to write about what happened to me yesterday.

I was so excited I just had to write and tell you about it. Not a real big thing mind you but to me it was neat. I went over to bring a friend some cards I had made for her and her friend and to mail and letter and check my mail. I realized as I got there that the post office was closed today. Anyway, I visited them for a short while and then I was about to leave when I noticed this huge garage sale going on downtown. So I went to browse. I only had 3 dollars on me.

Anyway, I saw a play pen there that folds up and was in fairly good condition so I asked them to hold it for me as I went to the bank machine to get out more money. Then I went back and started shopping some more. This is a list of what I got.

Playpen Marked for $5.00
Starfrit Gourmet Decorating Kit 2.00
3 bags wooden pieces 1.50
(it includes 6 hearts, 2 cats and a rectangle. All cut out, sanded & ready to paint.)
A cross stitch baby picture that is nearly all completed. Came with threads and embroidery hoop.
Tupperware Jello Mold .25
A baby sleeper
Bag of platex bottles 1.00
(5 bottles, 2 boxes liners, teething ring, funnel, bottle covers and screw on caps)
A small wooden craft type crate.
Large metal dump truck .10
(it is really rusted and needs painting but I thought I might like to try it)
25 children's books in various shapes and sizes,
A Farm Mega block set
(comes with a cow, chicken, farmer, tractor and a number of other pieces.)
3 large picture frames 1.00
Ceramic snow man .10
Bag of plastic multi coloured eggs .25
(13 {different sizes} in bag.)
Cat shaped soap pump 1.00
Toys:
4 plastic furbies that do various things
A frog shaped teething ring
2 dalmation dogs
An elmo little toy
Small ball that changes faces
A standing man with moveable parts.
A donald duck, Winnie the pooh, Pooh Rabbit, Pooh Egor, A ganz Egor and a Ty baby elephant.
All like new.

Alot of the things didn't have prices on them but I figured they wouldn't be too expensive as the prices were really marked good.

Anyway, I put everything into the playpen as I shopped and then told the lady I was ready to cash out. She looked in the playpen and said "How about $6.00 for everything?" I said "Are you serious?" She said "Quick, pay me before I change my mind or anyone else hears what I gave it to you for." So I did. I couldn't believe my good fortune.

I was just praising and thanking God on the way Home. Wow, what a deal. I would have paid $6.00 just for the playpen alone. I think the books were marked something like .25 each on the box where I got them.

On my way home I noticed there was a garage sale down my street so I decided to check it out. I ended up buying a teddy bear sleeping bag. She was asking $5.00 for it. (It has a big teddy bear head and arms and is all made of fur) I thought it was a clothes hamper that hung on the wall but the lady told me it was a sleeping bag. Great for kids. I also got a halloween costume. It is an orange ape costume and the original price tag was still on the hanger. It sold for $20.86 originally and looks like it has never been worn. She was asking $4.00 for that. I also got 3 packages of napkins and 2 packages of paper plates for a baby shower all for $2.00. As my oldest daughter is going to be having a baby shower for my youngest daughter at the end of the month, I thought she could use them. And finally I got a plant waterer thingy. It lets you know when the plant needs watering. So for all that she only charged me $10.00. That wasn't too bad. I ended up getting $1.50 off of all that.

I was so happy with all my purchases. Lots of gifts for the grand kids. Some I will put away and give as Christmas or birthday presents in the future. Some I will just have here for them to play with. (Maybe all of them yet, will have to see.)

Anyway, the playpen will double as a bed when they come over when I have to babysit them. I used to use a playpen when I babysat my nephew years ago. It is also good for them to play in if you have to leave the room for something.

So that is my news to the moment. Just had to tell someone as I was so excited.

Hope you have a bargain filled day.

5 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

So I guess you'll be having a yard sale to make room for all this now! Wow that's a lot for a little.

Anonymous said...

What great deals! :)

Nettie said...

That is exciting. Especially the Furbys. I love those things.

Darlene Schacht said...

I didn't have anything to write about today, July 4th, so I wrote about nothing because at least that's something right?

Rebecca said...

Good Heavens, you made a deal! Maybe someone should put a chain on you for future garage sale events....or you may end up owning the entire neighbourhood!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP