Friday, July 15

AND GOD CREATED FRIENDS


I’ve been busy the past few days as I had a great friend over, spending some time with me. I hadn’t seen her in a few months and it was so nice to hook up with her again.

I’ve written about my friend Tilly before and you can read more about her here if you would like.

She’s a little bit 'country' and I’m a little bit 'rock and roll' and yet we get along fabulously. We are so different in so many ways and yet our hearts are joined together as one.

When God is involved in creating a friendship, you know it is going to be JUST PERFECT.

I can remember praying for a close friend for years and years. I had almost given up on the prospect of ever having the friend of my dreams. I was so very shy. Whenever I did make friends of any kind, they would always seems to move away and even though I would continue trying to keep up the friendship long distance, they wouldn’t and it would die. I had hardened myself against getting close to anyone.

But God in His mercy knew that I needed Tilly and he encouraged her to persue me. It wasn’t in her nature to persue either but God arranged it all and it is a perfect friendship.

When God keeps tugging at your heart strings to open up to someone or to persue them, LISTEN. He may have a great reward awaiting you. The best of friendships are made in heaven and nothing seems to be able to break them.

God is so awesome to give me this friend in my later years. Friends can come and go throughout life, but a true friend in your old age is such a joy to have.

Never take your friends for granted and listen to their hearts. Their actions are not as important as what their heart is saying to you. Too many friendships are superficial - surface friendships only. The friend of the heart is an amazing thing. She knows you inside and out and nothing can compare.

Words need not be spoken as the heart speaks loud and clear. Feel with your friend and share the most intimate secrets. Know that she will hold them close and let the rubbish go.

I wish everyone could have a great lady as their friend like I do. Tilly, I love you. Thank you for being my friend.

I hope you all have a friend filled day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

please don't call yourself at an old age old age starts when your all your friends have gone before you at your age your still called a young chick

Anonymous said...

it should read an old woman

Anonymous said...

that was me mom

Career Guy said...

I'm glad you have someone like Tilly, especially now. Friends help us maintain perspective on life. Hey--is that a new photo of you now? You look terrific!

Anonymous said...

Tilly is a good friend! I am so glad you have each other.

You are not old until you can call yourself Grandma....

Ooops that won't be too long now will it!

Bonnie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP