Thursday, July 7

THOUGHTS ON BEING FREE

How come others can sit down at their computers and blog about regular events of their day and make it sound so interesting. I sit here and immediately get writers block. It is like a fear of speaking in public or something. Totally weird.

Even my grand niece blogs and she is only 11 and I find her posts quite interesting. She is the daughter of my nephew so does that make her a grand niece or a second niece or what? Can never get those things straight. I know I am her great Aunt - and boy what a GREAT Aunty I have been - NOT! Does that make her a great niece?

Yesterday I finally decided to wash my kitchen floor. I have an off white floor and I like to leave it get REALLY dirty before I wash it. I like to be able to see the difference after it is washed and then I have a sense of accomplishment. Is that weird or what? What is the use of washing it daily if you or nobody else can see the difference. Then it is just clean but there is no sense of accomplishment.

I need things to motivate me when I do regular household cleaning. If you have any ideas I’d be more than great full for your suggestions.

Can a person be ‘more’ than great full? What would more that great full be? We always tack on words like that to emphasize what we mean but really there isn’t a lot of meaning in it, is there? We say things like "more than happy" "most sincerely" etc. What is more than happy or most sincere. Can we be only a little sincere? Isn’t being sincere the same as being honest. Can you be more honest and less honest? Isn’t honest just honest. If you are less honest then you are lying and that isn’t honest at all?

Getting on with my day. I also finally vacuumed yesterday. Isn’t vacuumed a really strange word. I just found out recently that it has two "u’s" in the word. Peculiar I tell you. This English language is way too screwed up for my liking. I think it must be the only English word to have two "u"s together like that. Can you think of any others that might have it?

With my husband passing on, I find I have a lot more freedom. Not freedom from his tyranny or anything like that as he wasn’t a tyrant, but freedom because now I have a vehicle to get around in and I can go out wherever and whenever I please. Well, not wherever I please yet as I am not used to driving on the highways but only the byways around town. I have been to our local "Big" town a few times now on my own and it is so nice. Some day I may try the big highway and the big city. I’m not grown up enough yet in the driving department to tackle the "Big" city.

I also have more freedom when it comes to shopping and spending money. Before I worried about every little cent as we would need it for groceries or gas money for my husband to get too and from work. Now that he isn’t travelling the long route every day, the gas money is next to nothing. He would travel over 50 kilometers there and back every day. That was long trip but he never seemed to mind it.

With my freedom, comes responsibility though. I have to make sure the car is in tip top shape. The other day I had a low tire on one side and I had to get it filled. Well I went to the gas station and borrowed their tire gauge and filled the tire ALL BY MYSELF. Wow, I felt like I had achieve such a monumental accomplishment. I know that many ladies out there must think I am a little off my rocker feeling so good about that - but I had never done that before. I am learning new things daily.

Being alone can have its rewards if you can get past the lonely part. I can do what I want, when I want to and I don’t have to stop to make supper or do this or that before my husband gets home. I can clean house all night if I feel like it without the worry of waking him. (Like I would do that - NOT)

I don’t have to plan meals ahead of time so that is one great relief for me. Making meals was one of my biggest chores. I could never think of what to make for supper and it would grind me to a halt. Meals seemed so ho hum all the time and the same old - same old. Now I just grab whatever I feel like eating and it can be any time of day or night. No set times for meals. Yipee!

Well it is time for this lady to hit the road and go to the Post office. Then I may go to the grocery store and pick up a few items, or I may decide to just sit around and do absolutely nothing. I can do it. I can do whatever I want. I am free, free, free to be me.

Hope you have a day filled with FREEDOM to be who God wants you to be.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Your strength seems to come from looking at the world with rose colored glasses. And isn't that strange because depression is the opposite. Maybe your depression forced you somehow to change your view on things. I like the eating whenever you want part, i really hate making meals.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about filling up the tire with air. Last year the handle or flush thing on the toilet was broken. I decided to fix it my self. It only took two trips to the store before I got the right part. All I had to do was unscrew the old one and replace it with the new but for me it was like climbing a mountain because I let Wayne do it all. It is like such a rush. You will climb many more mountains because you can do it. You can do it all. Love Betty.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP