Tuesday, July 19

I'M AN ADDICT

Hello. My name is One of Six and I’m an addict.

(Crowd says "Hello One of Six")

My addiction started a few days ago when I decided to check out what all the hoopla was about on Ebay. I registered and joined Pay Pal as well. Then I began to search.

Being an expectant Grandmother, I decided to check out Baby Items. Well, I was hooked instantly. I couldn’t believe the prices on some of the baby items and I started bidding. Before I knew what hit me, I had bid on over 9 items and ended up winning 8 of the items I bid on. I felt so fortunate. Yipee! I was getting all this great stuff for next to nothing.

Then I went to Pay Pal to pay for all these great deals and it HIT ME like a ton of bricks. I had to add the exchange rate as I am Canadian and everything was being sold in American dollars. Not only that, but the shipping charges were horrendous. Imagine paying only one measly dollar for an item and then having to pay $25.00 shipping costs. Does that seem a little ridiculous to you? It sure did to me - but I was committed and had to do it.

My few little purchases for about $100.00 ended up costing me around $300.00 Canadian.

Did that deter me - NO WAY HOSEA!

Next day I was back at it again thinking it was still cheaper than buying it in Canada. (And maybe it is - will have to wait till I get everything before I will know for sure)

Some things you just can’t find anywhere else but Ebay and then it is worth it to pay the extra money.

I am hooked on the bidding part and notice that everyone waits till the last few mins. to bid. Why bother putting something up for seven days if they are all going to wait till the last minute. I am learning and learning fast.

Being a stay at home person, this Ebay thing is great for shopping. I have learned to try to stick to Canadian sites now as the shipping is cheaper and the cost is more to my liking as it is in Canadian dollars. I can’t stand all the ‘Business’ type of sellers though. They should have a separate venue for them. I think the garage sale idea of Ebay is great but the business part isn’t so great.

I have to get busy and put some of my junk up for sale and try that end of it yet. Would be nice to receive a little money instead of only spending it.

Hope you have an addiction free day.

7 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Michael buys on ebay, but I've never tried it. Maybe I will one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I am having too much fun with your boo boo I think I fed him too many treats. Have fun on Ebay
3/6

Career Guy said...

I wouldn't call mine an addiction (yet) but just shopping on line is tons of fun. I shop at LL Bean and use an LL Bean credit card because the shipping is free that way. (I pay the bill right away so my shipping savings are eaten up by interest.) JC Penney has free shipping sometimes, as does Amazon. so far I haven't been attracted to eBay. I think it confuses me. I'll keep looking for deals on Amazon, though. You're right to start selling some of your own junk...er, valuable antiques. That's how you can support your habit! Hope you are doing well...
John.

Anonymous said...

You should never bid on anything until you've got a quote for shipping from the seller. A lot of dealers will gouge you by using UPS because it's easier on them but costs you twice as much. It's a pain but they can charge you anything they want once you've won the auction if you didn't get a quote.

Nettie said...

Probably haven't been here for a while, but I love everything, especially Boo Boo!

Pam said...

I'm slightly OCD, eBay is dangerous, but fun! I both buy and sell, and I don't sell near enough to make up for what I buy but it is fun to see what great deals I can get. My son buys tons and tons of stuff from eBay, from clothing to electronics, to household items.

Pam said...

Forgot to tell you, I gave BooBoo a bone, he looked hungry.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP