Sunday, May 1

FREE, FREE, FREE AT LAST.

I am Free, free free at last. I got out of the hospital on Friday afternoon.

Thursday Val picked me up from the hospital at 10:00 and took me home for awhile. We left for the city about noon and went straight to the CPAP appointment. We were there a little over an hour as the man explained the machine and showed us everything about it and how to use it. Then he gave us our own machine. It is on permanent loan from the government. We don't have to pay for it or even pay a rental fee.

From there we went to my mom and dad's for the afternoon and visited with them. That went pretty well. Mom made us supper and shortly after supper we went to my daughter and son-in-law's (Sharleen and Doug's) place. Shar was out as she had a practice at the church but we visited with Doug and watched T.V. till it was time to go for the night's sleep appointment.

The nights sleep over went a lot better this time. They woke me at 6:00 and said we could go home. We drove straight back to Gimli Hospital and I was back in time for breakfast. Val went home and waited to hear from me.

When the doctor finally came in, he said I could go home that day, but I just had to wait till he heard from the doctor in the city. So he told me to hang around till 1:00 when he would be back at the hospital. Well 1:00 came and then 2:00 and finally about 3:00 he showed up. When I asked if I could go home he said "sure".

We had a number of errands to run before we came home and finally ended up home about 6:00 or later. By then I was ready for a nap and so was Val. We napped and then watched some movies we rented.

That night was the first night sleeping with the CPAP machine. I woke Saturday morning to a hard belly and much belly aches. I was loaded with gas. I was farting and burping for hours. I guess during the night I swallowed a lot of air. I don't know if that is a side effect or if I am breathing wrong during the night but the pain was horrible.

Woke up this morning totally bloated again. Farting and burping. It is so funny cause I am sooooo loaded with gas. My stomach gets hard as a rock from all the air I swallowed. And my burps and farts are looooong and just a lot of air. I'm sure you wanted to know all that - right? Hee Hee.

When I wake in the morning my face is all marked up from the face mask. I am quite a sight. Join that with the farting and burping and you have quite a picture. I don't think anyone will want anything to do with me in the mornings. Just hope no one comes to the door unexpectedly first thing in the morning. They will run for the hills.

Till next time. Hope you all have a gas free day.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad you are home - burping and farting! That is usually a "guy thing" - but obviously this sleep diorder thing is no respecter of persons!! So go for it - for like you say, you are free, free, free at last!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally home! Who spends a month in a hospital?!!!

I am also greatful that they discovered something that is treatable.

Welcome back!

Bonnie

Nettie said...

Glad to hear you are back at home, and hope you work the kinks out soon!

Cindy-Lou said...

Glad you're back at home! You've been in my thoughts and prayers!

Career Guy said...

Just put out a sign: "Free Gas". Thanks for the graphic descriptions. It's too bad you're so shy about sharing <;-)

Darlene Schacht said...

I just read this blog to mom and both she and I didn't know you were back home! I haven't checked your blog for a week.

I am glad you live at the beach because I wouldn't want our clean city air to get polluted with your fart anpnea.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP