Thursday, April 28

LATEST UPDATE ON SLEEP TEST.

This is the latest news.

I went for the sleep test on Tues. night and it was a disaster so I have to go again tonight. I barely slept as three of the hook-ups weren't working right and she kept coming in to change them and reconnect them. Then they had me on one machine that kept waking me as I felt like I was being suffocated. In the morning we went for breakfast (after being woken up at 6:00a.m.) and we had to wait around till 9:00 to get the results. We walked back and forth and sat and watched as hundreds of people went through that place.

I finally got in to see the doctor. Through all the questions again. Weighed again, height again, blood pressure again, etc. etc. Then he sent me for exrays on my chest. Had to wait for the x-rays to bring them back with me. Then I had to go for a blood test. Ended up having a number of breathing tests that made me feel dizzy. Finally the blood test. He was looking for an artery and not a vein for this test. Dug around in my arm till I nearly screamed and couldn't get any blood. Finally he froze the area (which nearly hurt as much as the digging) and began digging again. Finally he got some blood and did the test. Went back to the doctors office with x-rays, blood test results, and breathing test results. Waited. Finally the doctor showed up just to tell me they booked another sleep appointment for me today. They also booked an appointment at 2:00 today to get a CPAP machine which I take with me to the sleep test tonight and also to Gimli Hospital tomorrow night. After all that testing and stuff yesterday, Val drove me back to Gimli and I went for a sleep in the afternoon. Val came to the hosp. in the evening and after he left I read for awhile and then went to sleep. Had a good night sleep and woke refreshed feeling this morning ready to start the new day of whatever they throw at me.

Will update more next time.
Till then have a very restful day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the test goes better tonight for you!

Steph

Career Guy said...

Tink--that arterial blood gas test is the worst. I had a tech who knew what she was doing once and still she had to go halfway to China to find one. I hope I don't have to do that ever again. You sound good--keep up your spirit!

Darlene Schacht said...

I am cringing at the thought of them digging around trying to find an artery, ouch!

You have become a pin cushion since you left home. But the good thing is, that you seem healthier than ever now. It must be weird to live in a hospital for so long. When I was there a week at a time I felt like it was starting to feel like home.

If you come to HSC again, you should let me know and maybe I can visit there if they allow it. I haven't visited at Gimli because I would have to leave the kids for so long. Don't forget about Angela's shower, I hope you are able to come by then.

Blessings,

Anonymous said...

Hey Dallas,

Sorry I have not been able to come out and see you, or to even drop in at Mom's. It's this crazy exam.

Once this is over I will be by.

You sure sounded great on the phone.

Love Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. It looks like you are almost at the end of the hospital journey. Rest up. You will need it for that new Grandbaby.
Love Betty

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP