Friday, December 29

NOT A LOTTA STUFF

Dear Diary,

I haven’t a lot of really interesting stuff to write so I will just write about what has been going on the past few days.

It is Friday and I haven’t done much of anything these past few days. On Wednesday night, at about 6:00, I laid down on the couch and fell asleep for the night. I woke at about 6:00 the next morning. Thursday was a long day. I checked my mail, did a little shopping, came home and did some dishes and then just vegged out watching t.v. and playing on the computer.

Today wasn’t much different. I was playing on the puter and then went for a nap. Just not up to doing too much of anything right now. I guess I am still winding down from all the pre-Christmas work and blessings.

So what did this last year bring me. It was a little rocky there for awhile. Ups and downs and confusion all the time. Then by summer things started to settle down a bit more. Then this fall I started to babysit and everything else seemed to just fall into place. For awhile there I was going to open up a craft shop and then did briefly in my living room. Then I had the idea of moving to the city come spring and now I am back to my old self of just not knowing what will happen next.

I have decided to stay at the beach a bit longer. Will have to wait and see how my finances go this year. I will be off the medical coverage come May so I will have to make sure to put money aside for my medication.

So as I turn this page in my life I wonder what the new year will bring. It is like a nice clean slate all ready to start over again on.

Each year I think I will make new years resolutions and then I make them but don’t keep them so this year I have decided to set some goals for myself instead. I am starting out really simply to begin with. That way maybe I can get some things done. I find coming up with a list is the hardest thing though. What would I like to do with my life and what changes can I make? Hummm!!!

So anyway, one of my goals is to read through "The Message" Bible this year. I began reading the New Testament last year and got up to Hebrews but didn’t get much farther so I want to finish the New Testament and then start on the old Testament as well.
Another goal I would like to set is to join something this year. I am not sure what yet but something where I can meet other people my age and maybe have something in common with.

I would like to have lofty goals like walking a half hour each day but I know I wouldn’t do that so I don’t bother putting them on the list.

Do you have any goals or New Years Resolutions that you plan to do? I can use all the help I can get.

Weather wise, I must say we have had one of the nicest years on record. Hardly any rain this summer and hardly any snow or cold weather this winter so far. I know our turn for some sort of disaster is coming, and I should be getting prepared for it with some sort of emergency response program set in place so I will be ready.

As for the new year, I haven’t even got a calendar of the new year yet. If you have any nice ones you would like to get rid of then please snail mail them to me. Hee hee. Then I will know what day or month it is. Mind you with computers now a days, I can print up my own.

Well I think that is about it for today.

Hope you have a great day and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

4 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I want to start my goals tonight instead of waiting till the new year. I like the Bible reading goal. I don't have so much a goal in mind as much as I just really want to dig into the word more than I do.

Carolanne said...

Actually, to read the Bible in a year, a plan is to read 3 chapters every day and then 5 on Sunday. I did it once.
I don't usually set out new year's resolutions or goals but I have until tomorrow night if I want to as today is Saturday.
I have some spare 2007 calendars, if you want them. :) One of my students did give me a big page-a-day diary for 2007 and perhaps I will use it but I need a little one that will fit in my purse for every day things!

John Cowart said...

Hi Tink,
Of all the thoughts and plans you write about, That 12 hour nap sounds like the high point to me. I have trouble sleeping and that kind of rest sounds heavenly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis
Just dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year. Glad to see you are blogging again. The christmas you gave your family sounds yummy!

Bonnie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP