Wednesday, December 27

THE BEST GIFT EVER

Just when you think it is all over and done with, what does God do? He blesses and blesses again.

Boxing day and I thought I would be all alone as everyone else would be at the alternate families and have other obligations. But low and behold I had a house full and I felt very blessed.

My father-in-law and his friend dropped in and then my daughter, son-in-law, grandson, granddaughter, and a neighbour lady dropped in. I had a house full and was immensely blessed by all their company. It was so nice to have them all drop in.

Again, it made my day special. It was my home, my Christmas, and my family. I hadn't cleaned from the day before but that didn't matter. It was just a time of enjoying each other's company and sharing the day with loved ones.

Today I have to get busy and do up all the dishes. Then I have to empty the fridge and put all the leftovers in smaller containers and freeze what I can so I have food to eat for the next month.

I can't believe how much food there is left over. I thought everyone would eat a lot more than they did. Then yesterday when I offered leftovers to everyone - they didn't want any. They said they still felt full from the day before.

Anyway for Christmas dinner I made the following feast:

Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Turkey Dressing
Cole Slaw
Meat Balls
Bar-B-Q pork pieces
Bar-B-Q ham slices
Meat Pie
Cabbage Rolls
Perogies
Pickles
Rolls
Black Forest Bowl for Dessert
To top it all off, we had Spumente La Scala Wine with our meal.

Now I have enough food left over to carry me through the next month or more.

As for some of the gifts I got:

A Pasta maker
A new VCR as my old one doesn't tape anymore.
Money, gift certificate,
Beautiful doiley
mittens,
Cahews, Chocolate covered cherries,
Other odds and ends.

As I said, the gifts weren't the big thing for me this year. It was the family. It is the greatest gift I got this year. The love of family put into my heart. And that was the greatest gift I got and that came directly from Jesus. Thank you Lord.

3 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Tink,
I'm glad to see you are back.
I checked on your site for ages without seeing a new post and I asked Darlene about you.
This is the first time in ages that I've checked in.
Sounds as though you had an active Christmas.
Thanks for your encouragement.
John

Carolanne said...

What is (are) perogies?
Sounds like a delicious meal and I'm glad you had the best Christmas ever!

Dallas said...

Perogies are little pockets of potatoes and cheese covered in a noodle dough.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP