Saturday, December 16

WHAT I AM LEARNING

Hello there! And how are you?

It has been awhile since I blogged and I am sorry for that. I hope that as I get more used to Alex and he gets more used to me, that I might get more time on the computer.

As it is, the minute I go near the computer he wants to be on my lap. That isn’t so bad but have you tried to think of something to write when a 14 month old is on your lap, pressing buttons, jabbering away and hitting you in the face every so often. Believe me, the words that come to mind are not to be said or even typed in front of a toddler.

So anyway, I tried a few times to take time to check my email and such on the computer. Low and behold, a little munchkin decides that since Grandma isn’t watching, it is time to try new things out.
He has learned that the door to my craft room (call that Crap Room) doesn’t close all the way. All you have to do it push it open.

Isn’t it funny how children, even at the early age of 14 months, know to be extra quiet when they are NOT supposed to be doing something and they know they are not supposed to be doing it.

Well suddenly it got very quite in the house and for a brief second, I forgot that Alex was even here. Then I remembered and snuck around the corner to see what he was up to. There he stood in the room with a tube of paint in his hand and a grin on his face.

I looked at him with that evil eye of mine (I have been recently trying it out on him) and all he does is grin wider and cuter.

Well I held my ground and I walked him out of there with a stern warning.

So then I go back to what I am doing and for awhile everything seems to be going o.k.
Then that thundering silence creeps in on me again. I creep around the corner and what do I find?

You got it. He’s in there again only this time with a whole package of paint tubes. This time the smile is even wider and cuter.

I convincingly scold him and lead him out of the room giving him this long sermon that I am sure will scar him for life. He carried on playing as though nothing has happened. I continue trying to use the computer.

Now whoever invented the saying that "Silence is Golden" was not a mother of little ones or a grandparent babysitting.

Must have been written by a man but that is a whole other story.

Anyway, back to this story. Suddenly there is silence again. Catching the thief red handed I scared him by very loudly scolding him.

He had the nerve to yell back at me.

Can you imagine that?

14 months to my 55 years....

I could squish him like a bug.....

Doesn’t he relize that?

Or is he just so trusting of me that he knows I would never harm a hair on his head?
Is that how I look to God when I get angry at him?

Does he see a rebellious child that is exploring her world and wanting to learn and see new things? Or does he see me going against him and his personal character? I think because I am his child he knows where it comes from and can handle it. Anyway, that is a whole other lesson.

He yells back and me and I gently tap him on the bum (hard enough to feel it through his diaper, yet not hard enough to hurt. I’ve done worse in love taps.) And the next thing you know there is a major crying session.
Not the kind of crying session like - "you hurt me" but this is one of those deep sobby type sessions like "Grandma is angry with me, she doesn’t like me anymore. I really screwed up this time. She will never love me again."

I gently reassure him for quite some time that he is still loved and that grandma doesn’t like what he did but she still loves him.

So this is what I have been learning through the eyes and mind of my grandson.

Hope you have a blessed day.

4 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

A woman needs only two things. Ears to hear the kids, and a nose to tell her if something is about to burn.

Darlene Schacht said...

P.S. I started a new blog. Don't know if you knew that.

Rebecca said...

Lordy, Lordy
So this is what I have to look forward to now that I am a Grandma!

agoodlistener said...

Good to see you back, Tink. I check once in a while to see if you've been at the keyboard lately. (Our grandson is now four years old and he's four feet tall already.) Sounds like it's time to put a good lock on the door to the Crap Room.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP