Monday, February 27

FINAL DESTINATION

The beautiful sun poked it's head through my window and rudely awakened me. As I set my C Pap machine to the off position and tried getting out of bed, the bladder inconsistency started to kick in and I had to rush to the bathroom. With my daily routine of peeing, washing the sleep from my eyes, and combing my hair, out of the way, I stumbled to the kitchen to get my regular cup of coffee to start my day.

O.k. I am moving. Stiff all over but none the less moving. But for only a few minutes as I sit myself down at my computer to begin writing the weekend events to my friend and family.

Oh Yeh, forgot to take the hand full of pills I need to keep me going each day. One for diabetes, two for high blood pressure, two for taking the liquids out of me, one for colesterol, one to keep my blood thin, one for anti-depression, not to mention Cod liver oil to keep my joints moving , multi vitamin because I don't eat properly, Vitamin B 100 to give me energy and a little garlic pill to keep cold germs away and make everything taste better. O.k. Now that I have had my breakfast, it is time to move on with my day.

As I read over what I've already written, I realize that this is an "Old person's" letter. When did this happen to me? When did I suddenly become Old? When did the aches and pains start? What could I have done differently to stay young?

Look out people. It could happen to you in an instant. Time creeps up on you in the night and snatches your youth away.

It reminds me of that movie "Final Destination" where they just cannot escape death's plan. This is the grim reaper of age that comes to get us all. Do what you want but he will get you in the end. There will be the sequal "Final Destination 2 and 3" but in the end he catches us all.

Some try to fool him with face lifts, cosmetic surgery, exercise programs, make up, clothes, healthy eating, etc. but he can see through all that and he WILL GET YOU in the end.

So what can we do about it? That is the big question.

I suggest we make each day count for something. We know the end is coming some day so why not prepare for our final destination.

Do you know where your FINAL DESTINATION IS GOING TO BE?
Please read the following link so You too can prepare for YOUR FINAL DESTINATION.

http://1of6.blogspot.com/2005/05/are-you-ready.html

Have a great day and Stay Young at heart.

3 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Tink,
Thanks for your comment. I see we both read Darlene too.
I've browsed in your archives a bit and I see you are certainly a creative person, lovely crafts.

Anonymous said...

I just recently found Darlene, and was checking out a few on her list that she reads -- which led me to you. I'm on a mission. So many of the blogs I have read for years are young moms who, alot of them, homeschool. I love them to pieces, but ... I'm on a search for bloggers closer to my age, and share a few of the same things and ways of life that I do.

Reading this entry about the C-Pap, and your meds and wondering when you got "old"... I thought -- this is MY kind of lady. So, here I am ... commenting (which is reply to the previous entry you did...and you will see more and more comments from me, if you don't mind).

I am a CPAP user as well. Its my best friend:) I thought I would hate it -- and in theory, I do. But, it makes such a differnce in how I sleep, that not using it just not an option to me any more.

I've enjoyed my visit, and am linking you to my daily reads so I can come back to visit again ... soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tink, dontcha know you shouldn't take medication for Anti-depression. She can take it herself. Uncle, now that's another story. Uncle- Depression. Well even I, with my great sense of humor can't do anything with that one. You'll have to be happy with Anti.
Happy with Anti
no uncle involved
taking her meds
now everythings solved
you'll feel much better
she won't know her loss
and I will never tell
your secret because
she is your anti
and anties are nice
if they won't take their own meds
they pay the price

now thats bad. Toodle noodle. . .soup. Just saw that the word verification word is fsbum. Now what is a fs-bum? A leaker? ffsss. maybe they make a mistake and it should have been fzbum. fzzzz. Say goodbye to the nice lady. Goodbye nice lady. Love. / . u nose who

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP