Wednesday, February 22

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME

Monday was my one year anniversary of blogging and wouldn’t you know, I forgot about it. As I get older, I forget about a lot of things. So I am writing today for my anniversary letter.

It’s been a hectic year and a year of surprises. I lost a husband but gained a son-in-law and two of the most precious grandsons. When God takes something away he seems to give it back in multiples.

I lost a month in the hospital but gained back a lot more energy and much less time sleeping.

I lost companionship but gained a load of love and friendship to carry me through. I don’t take anyone for granted anymore and treat each person like it may be the last time I ever see them. I don’t want any regrets when it is my time to go.

Through it all, I paid off a lot of old debts and I’ve gained financial security and independence.

I am learning to live "One Day at a Time" and that’s all anyone can wish for.

Through it all I’ve grown much closer to my dear Friend Tilly. She has been with me every step of the way and has shown me a love I never knew existed between friends. She has allowed me to unload on her numerous times and love me through it all. I don’t know what I would have done without her in my life at this time. I wish everyone had such a special friend. They are so very hard to come by but if you have one - hang on to that friend for dear life.

God had it planned from way back and worked it out that I would have her to help me through and I am so thankful to him for that. We are Jonathan and David.
Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Speaking of Tilly, she came and spent last week with me and we had a ball. Just look at the pictures to see how much fun we had. Hee Hee. She seemed to let loose a little more this time and posed for me.











You will see how she dressed when she went out to start her car on the coldest day of the year. She made me laugh and we had a good time. We spent a lot of time watching movies and just being together in quiet contemplation.











I sent her home with my little Boo Boo. I can hardly play with him as I am allergic and I think that since Val passed away he has been very lonely. Tilly loves him so much and plays with him a lot. I know he will have a very good home there as she and her girls will give him loads of attention. I am so thankful for that. I will miss him but will comfort myself with knowing he is getting all the attention he deserves.

I have been spending a lot of time this year making crafts crafts and more crafts.

Maybe tomorrow I will just post pictures of some of the items I have been making. I am planning to have a craft sale of some sort this summer. If it seems to go over o.k., I might open up a little craft shop of some sort. It is something to think about and look forward to and plan on.

I think that about brings you up to date on my doings. Hope you have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

We all seem to have one relationship that is so great in our lives. With some, it's their mother, others their daughter, some their husband, etc. You are very blessed to have Tilly in your life. The two of you have a wonderful bond.

Pam said...

Tink...Tilly is blessed to have you in her life too! There is nothing like having a true friend. God has a wonderful way of gifting us with a perfect match in friendships.

Anonymous said...

Thank you my precious friend for your companionship on my lifes journey. What would I ever do without you? Thank you so much for your welcoming hospitality. For a place to 'crash' for a few days. only God knows what a miracle it is for me to relax with someone for a few hours, but for several days. WOW! It feels so good to be able to enjoy comfortable silent times with you and not have that be a 'bad' visit. I know you accept me and love me quiet, as well as when I talk your ears off. Thank you for that gift. I love you! Forever and Forever and Fe Emma en few Emma.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP