Thursday, September 8

TILLY'S POEM

Below is a poem my friend Tilly wrote and I wanted to share it all with you. Please let me know what you think of it.

Blessings abundant rain from His hand
touched by the Master, yielded to Him
in the storms of the soul
His promise still true
My child through it all
through it all
I'm with you

He is the Man of great sorrows
despised and rejected
forsaken by men
and acquainted with grief
wounded for sins
He never committed
chastised for our peace
all was laid upon Him

He was oppressed
He was afflicted
He bore all our sorrows
and is touched with our pain
but we hid our faces
how we despised Him
we considered Him smitten
we did not esteem

Father forgive us
for we have rejected
we have forsaken
and we have not believed
but with such great compassion
You have redeemed us
You have drawn us with mercy
and with grace have received

Sing oh thou thot barren
break forth into singing
lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes
Fear not I command you
for you will no longer remember
the shame of your youth
I your God will not forsake

I am your Husband
I will not reject you
I do not abandon
I do not refuse
I will have compassion
nor will I rebuke you
says the Lord your Redeemer
for my name is Truth

Oh you so afflicted
storm tossed, without comfort
though the mountains depart
and the hills be removed
yet My love and My kindness
My covenant of completeness
should all things be shaken
I will not forsake you

No weapon that is formed
against you shall prosper
so come to the waters
come be renewed
for you shall be led forth
with joy by your Leader
and the mountains shall break forth
into song before you

Instead of the thorn
shall come up the cypress
and instead of the brier
the myrtle tree
and it shall come to pass
says the Lord your Redeemer
as an everlasting sign
a memorial to Me

With age-enduring love
I will have compassion
My covenant of peace will not be removed
if your night is endless
bring your darkness before me
I will cause dawn to break
through the darkness for you

For you are beloved
hear Me, YOU ARE BELOVED
I AM your Kinsmen Redeemer
so come unto Me
I will prove Myself faithful
I will be your portion
from everlasting to everlasting
I AM eternity


Have a God Blessed day.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Tilly has a way with words, very expressive. Thank you for sharing, I do so love reading others thoughts about our Lord and Savior.

Darlene Schacht said...

That is a beautiful poem from the ever so talented Tilly.

Happy Birthday to you. I remembered late and it was too late to call. I wish I could have given you one night with Val. I'm sure that is the only thing you want this year. I love you and I miss him too.

Darlene Schacht said...

Can I delete that previous comment and paste it back in later this month?

Darlene Schacht said...

Where are you? Hope you're doing ok, and I miss your posts. Happy early birthday.

Pam said...

I ditto Darlene, where are you...and I too miss your posts...and Happy early Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Grandma, quit cruisin' around the beach on your riding mower and get blogging, we need entertainment! :)

BTW, sorry I forgot your non-birthday. I'll make it up to you at non-Christmas in October.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP