Monday, September 19

ON TO WEIGHTIER MATTERS

I am trying something new right now (in regards to losing weight) to see how that will work. If I have something to eat, I try to only eat till I feel satisfied and then leave the rest. It is hard leaving it at times but I am managing a little so far. Like the other day I made Chicken fingers and Tater Tots. I felt satisfied half way through so I brought the plate to the kitchen thinking I would eat it later or the next day. Well, I hadn’t had Tater Tots in quite awhile so every time I went into the kitchen I popped a few in my mought till they were all gone. I did end up leaving four chicken fingers though and ended up having to throw them out yesterday.

I made a double batch of soup as usually one pack isn’t enough. I ate and ate and when I felt satisfied, I left the rest. There was nearly a half bowl left but I didn’t touch it. Last night I made toasted BLT’s. Two of them. I ate one and a half and felt satisfied so I ended up giving the last half to the dog (minus the bacon of course - can’t leave bacon. HH). It is a very small start but may end up helping in a long run. Don’t need those extra calories anyway. Of course after eating that I end up snacking on peanuts and chips but I would have done that anyway.

"What is with this old Lady and why can’t I get my life together?" Maybe it all stems back to years of habits. It is like I have to start all over again and feel it is just to hard to do and at my age, I wonder why I should bother. Before I had the whole world ahead of me and now it is all behind me and I don’t see a bright future. If I could get the mind set of a young person again I could see that there is a brighter future and I would want to work towards it. I would still have all the dreams of someday doing this or that. Why is it at my age I tend to give up and not pursue those dreams anymore.

Because I come from an older generation I seem to think that I have reached my limit somehow. Why is that? I could exercise and learn to eat right and get my weight right down and my body looking gorgeous yet - IF I REALLY WANTED TO. So what stops me? I could be slim and trim and be eyed by so many guys - IF I WANTED TO? Sure it would take hard work and effort but wouldn’t it be worth it? Look at movie stars my age. They do it. Why can’t I?

I need to get motivated to do something.

"Let’s get physical, physical, I wanna be physical physical. Let me hear your body talk, your body talk." (It's a song.)

Yet here I SIT doing nothing. Doing what comes naturally. HH

What do I need to motivate me? The promise of money? The promise of good health? Long Life? Fame? Fortune? Loving man? What????

It really can’t be as hard as it seems.

Speeking of weight issues, do you ever watch the Biggest Loser? It is a show all about fat people trying to lose weight and be the biggest loser of pounds and body mass. I love the show. Gives me encouragement to see those people struggling so hard and losing so much weight. And then they show their after pictures and it is just amazing. I’d love to be on that show. Sure could use the motivating and exercise equipment they have there as well as the trainers. Mind you they are always tempting them with delicious food but the people seem to resist. Maybe it is having a team you have to work for that helps them. You know, the peer pressure thing.

On to weightier matters>:

I finally finished it. It isn’t exactly how I would have liked it but it is o.k. It is huge.












Hope you have a physically challenging day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking as a stereotypical yo-yo dieter, I've learned one thing. It really doesn't matter what you do to lose weight and be healthy, as long as you're doing something. The diet you're using right now sounds a lot like the Weigh-Down diet. You should ask Darlene to lend you the book, or we might have one too possibly. I'll ask Shar.

Darlene Schacht said...

I know that Sharleen has 'Rise Above', the sequel to the Weigh Down, which is great too. I love the craft work, as usual, you did an awesome job. Mom was showing me the photos yesterday at her place, both she and Dad were impressed.

About the diet again, I got back on track this week and so I am in the same boat as you. I'm trying hard and that's what matters. After years of dieting, suddenly one day it just worked and stuck with me, same thing for Steph, suddenly she found a lifestyle diet that could work for her. A tip on water ~ and this is true ~ if you drink cold water, your body uses energy to warm it up, thus burning calories. In addition the liver can relax and work on your metabolism, so it is a magic potion. I lost three pounds since monday by increasing the water intake again and just watching what goes in. It hasn't been hard, it's just a matter of trying like Doug said.

Next summer we can shop for bikinis together, or maybe just tankinis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dallas

Long time no post. Mom is bragging about your end table and tells everyone to stop by. It does look good.

On dieting - the one tip that has really stuck with me is .... "don't take dieting tips from someone overweight". On that note I will not comment further!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

LOL! Bonnie, that's the best diet advice I've ever heard. Ignore everything I've ever told you and weight loss, Dallas. :)

Pam said...

Tink, The Weigh Down lifestyle is wonderful! Even though I have gained back some of what I lost, 6 years ago I lost 80# on WD. The very best part is the strengthened relationship with God I was blessed with.

Your kitchen table is just what I am wanting. We have slowly been working on our home, the outside is finished, and we are now working on the inside, just making some minor changes. We have a couple of ideas for the kitchen and one of them is to add a pantry.

Nettie said...

It's a very cute table, how do you plan to use it?

Dallas said...

Doug: I'll ignore everything you said. Hee Hee.


Nettie : It is a footstool. I put a tray on top and it doubles as a coffee table. Also can open up for storage.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP