Saturday, September 17

ESPECIALLY FOR DOUG, DARLENE AND PAM

You asked for it and you are getting it. I can’t guarantee that it will be pretty or witty or wild. Probably mild compared to Darlene’s.

So many fans! What’s a person to do? Couldn’t I just send autographed pictures to make you happy? I’m just so busy with all my fan mail that I just don’t have time to blog. Hee Hee.

O.K. O.K. let’s get down to business. Speaking of business, that’s what I have been up to. So many days of busyness. Doctor’s appointments, denturist appointments, blood tests, and a hair appointment. I’m having my own personal make-over. Then when I am all fixed up, I plan to make over my living room.

Getting back to the doctor’s appointments - I phoned every doctor in the town nearby to see if they were taking new patients. Not one of them was taking any. Can you believe it? Where have all the doctor’s gone? Finally I got one that will take me on as an interim patient. He will give me my prescriptions and I can go to him for minor ailments, but if anything major comes up...I have to fend for myself. This doctor donates part of his time to being a hospital doctor as well as some others so their patient load suffers. They are trying to get in a full time hospital doctor to free up the other doctors. If they do that, then he will take me as a patient.

I’m getting new teeth. Yipee! It has been over 15 years since I had any new teeth. Denturist says my teeth are in pretty good condition for being that old. I get to pick up the new ones next week and they will be a shade or two whiter so you will see me coming from a mile away and I will glow in the dark. (Only if I am smiling)

I got my hair cut and died. No, I didn’t die. My hair died. No, it was dyed. The hair that is. O.k. so I am being silly. It is fairly short compared to before but I really like it. Seems I got it done the same day Darlene had her hair cut. I guess great minds think alike or maybe it was something in the water we drank.

I’ve been busy cleaning my house and packing stuff up. I had to clean out my large closet off of the living room as we are going to open up the side of it and put my desk and junk in there. We will close off the front doors and put doors on the side so when I am not using my office, it will all be hidden from view. Then that will extend my living room a little. I bought paint and material and have to get busy washing my walls and then painting them. I bought a bright red for the walls and will alternate the walls with white on some and red on the others. My furniture is blue so I will have a red, white and blue theme.

The material I got for the curtains is a sheer white for the under curtains and a sheer red (that matches the paint) for the over curtains/valance.

My son-in-law Rob made me a footstool/coffee table that I am upholstering in a matching red material. It is 44 inches by 24 inches by 18 inches high. It will be on wheels so it will be easier to move around. The lid comes off and I can use it for storage.

I got my breakfast nook up in the kitchen and I LOVE MY KITCHEN. Every time I go in there I just look around and enjoy it. I still want to paint the kitchen cabinets but even now I still love it. I cut out sponges to make cushions for the seat but the sponge is 5 inches thick and a little to big. As it is, the seats sit so much higher than the table. I have to either raise the table or shorten the cushions.

I had a few days where I was really missing Val and down in the dumps. I didn’t do anything on those days but just moped around. It is hard getting used to living alone and having to do everything for myself. So many little things you don’t even think about. It helps having my daughters as handy as a phone call away. Now that they both have their babies they are home nearly all the time and I can call whenever I am feeling down. I also have my best friend Tilly who listens to me when I am in the dumps and I unload on her. She really is a gift from God.

Well folks, that is about it for this blog. Will do another soon on the BABIES.

Have a make over day. Make over your mind to trust in Jesus.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Tink
It is quite the process - getting accustomed to living alone.

I am glad that your daughters are there for you.

It sounds interesting though when you tell the tales of all the new things that are going on in your life......enjoy them all...
They are a gift....

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy for sure! One question though, if you are painting the walls, why would you bother washing them first? When we painted the den/Tyler's room a few years back, it was extremely smoke stained and the paint still looks fine today. Just seems like a lot of extra work.

BTW, I bought Tyler his very first championship belt today. Pictures of the future WWE World Champion will be coming soon. :)

Career Guy said...

Tink,
Good for you! Teeth can come in handy, you know. Good for opening bottles, tearing open bags of chips, cutting string, and checking for wooden nickels. Nice looking kitchen. Someday we'll have to do ours.

Pam said...

Tink, you are one busy girl! WOW, a whole new you, a whole new livingroom...things are happening at Tinks house! It is so good to hear what you have been up to, I have had you on my heart for a couple of wks, been praying for you alot. I am so glad Tilly is there for you, we all need one special pal. Keep posting, I missed you.

Nettie said...

Oooh, haircut time, haircut time, where's our picture of that?

Darlene Schacht said...

I love the kitchen table and benches, it looks like a marine restaurant. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! On another note, I agree with Doug, I have painted ALOT and never washed the walls first. People always say you should, but I just never did.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP