Wednesday, September 7

MORE POWER

More power, more power. Ooo ooo ooo As Tim Allen would say. I have more power. I bought myself a riding mower yesterday and was tooling around my yard today mowing my lawn. Oooo Oooo OOOO. What a rush. Little old me on that big horking tracktor. I felt powerful and alive. It's about time I got a riding mower. Pushing the old mower left me lifeless and panting for air. I would have to quit every few feet and take a few breaths and a break. Now I can skoot around in style and finish in no time flat. Too bad summer is nearly over and I can't enjoy it too much longer but then there is next year to look forward to.

Too bad they don't make riding snow blowers. Well I guess they do but they are called front end loaders and made for much bigger areas than my yard. I guess I will just have to trudge along pushing the snow blower. I'm not complaining mind you. I am very happy to have a snow blower and not need to shovel. Yech! No way I could lift a shovel. The stairs will stay full of snow but my walkways and driveway will be clean.

So why haven't they invented a riding vacume or floor sweeper or for that matter a riding floor washer. Only men get the good machines. We still have to do everything by hand and foot. If men did more house cleaning we would have the easier machines. Not complaining again of course as it could be worse. At least someone invented the broom, mop and vacume. Our poor ancestors had to do all that on their hands and knees. Mind you, in a long run, they were better off for it. They got their excercise for free and didn't have to join a spa to get in shape.

We have it so easy now a days in comparison so why are we all so much more stressed out each day? We run run run around doing doing doing and what do we really get accomplished?

Imagine getting up at 5:00 in the morning and feeding livestock and milking them, collecting eggs etc. Then coming in to a large breakfast that momma made while dressing and getting 12 kids ready for the day. Fresh bakes bread, hand churned butter, freshly slaughtered bacon, home grown fresh potatoes, free run chicken eggs, hand sqeezed orange juice, milk from the cows, etc. Talk about being busy and the day is just beginning. Then having to go out and plow the fields with a horse and whatever it is they call that thing they drag behind it. Then planting acres and acres of vegies to keep you over the winter.

And WE THING WE HAVE STRESS. Sheesh, how did they survive? I guess they were just too busy to have stress.

Now I have to worry about gas and oil changes. And do you ever need new tires for a riding mower? What if something breaks? What do I do? What if the thing tips over? Will I be able to turn it over? What if I lose the key? How do I start it then? Worry worry worry. What have I got myself in for? Maybe I could just take a pair of scissors and clip the grass that way. Better yet, maybe I will get a cow and wouldn't have to worry about mowing. Just milking and vet bills and feeding and and and..............

Have a powerful day.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Tink, Tink, Tink...whadda we gonna do with you??? A cow...no, get a goat...you chain them up and let them have at it!

Tink on a riding mower...I am giggling at the thought, but shouting "hip hip hooray!!" as well. Hey, anything and everything to make life easier, that is my motto. We cut our lawn area in half by adding a deck across the back of the house and around the side, not as much fun as zipping around the yard on a riding mower, but no key to misplace either!!!

You go girl, sounds like you are having fun with it, and when it needs an oil change...offer to watch one of those precious baby boys while his daddy changes the oil.

Anonymous said...

I nominate Rob for fixing the broken mower. I, on the other hand, will gladly test drive it around the yard for you when he's done. :)

Anonymous said...

My my my daugther in my days we let the sheep do the job they new exactly how short to cut it we had soft green grass not like you get from a lawn mower. In winter they would give us all the wool we need. love mom

Nettie said...

But with a cow you could get milk. And cheese and butter, but then you'd have to figure out how to make it....

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP