Wednesday, June 29

RAIN IS GETTING TO ME

The thunder roared
The lightning flashed
I think I should be shaking
The rain comes down
For days on end
My legs they are an aching

Water, water everywhere
More rain coming
Getting higher and higher
No wood to find
That’s even dry
To try to light a fire.

Will it dry
Or will it flood
This thought fills me with woe
If the lake
Should fill it’s banks
And over run
Where am I to go?

God told Noah
Build an Ark
The rain it is a coming
Many people
Mocked the man
But ended up ‘a running’.

But to the rainbow
We do look
For we have His Vow
Never to destroy
With rain again
The end will not be now.

But soon my friends
He’ll come again
With Angels and with Glory
The trump will sound
And we will rise
It is the greatest story.

So take heart dear ones
Encourage one another
God sent a Saviour, Jesus
His love is always here
And we have his promise
That He will never leave us.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Ooh. That's good.

Darlene Schacht said...

You are a good poet, keep a copy of them all, because I see a book on the way.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP