Tuesday, June 28

A LITTLE THIS, A LITTLE THAT

Here I sit broken hearted
To write a blog, I can’t get started
Should I write about my day
If I do, what do I say

What I need’s a simple plan
That applies to any man
Then I’d write the things I thought
And the battles I have fought

Could I be more boring
Oh my mind is soaring
As you can see I’m not a poet
And I’m sure by now you know it.

Oh Well. I needed some way of starting to say a lot of nothing. I need to write today and haven’t a clue what to write. Daily activities are very boring and uninteresting to the masses. I’d love to be funny and charming like Darlene is but woe is me, I am just a plain Jane when it comes to writing.

I was reading the Two Fat Chicks site and they nearly have me hooked into dieting. It seems to be the thing to do as I am gaining and gaining. I need motivation. They are so pretty and they have accomplished so much already. Make sure to check out their site. They are really funny and encouraging.

You go girls! Keep up the good work.

Darlene has posted some of her best and worst pictures. Give her a look if you haven’t already and be sure to leave a comment on her site. If you can’t get to her site by clicking on her name, then click on "Blogger can you...." on my side bar.

This week I am getting some money in and I will be able to pay off my mortgage. It will be the first time in my long life that I will be mortgage free. Yipeeee! I think I may have a mortgage burning party. Who wants to come?

Maybe I’ll hold off on the mortgage burning party and invite everyone over for a home ‘make over’ party instead. My house needs a lot of TLC inside and out. I need my walls washed and then painted and the old carpet I have in here ripped out and new flooring put in. I have very old verticle blinds that I want to get rid of and replace with curtains. I need shelves built everywhere but especially in the room I have planned to use as my craft/sewing room.

I’d love to be able to just go away for awhile and come back to everything being done for me like they do on Extreme Makeover. Wouldn’t that be nice? Anyone want to surprise a nice little old lady?

I had so many people say "If there is anything I can do for you, just give me a call." when my husband passed. Do you think I should take them up on their offer? Hee Hee. I’m sure it was just meant as a way of showing they cared - but - it would be so nice if I could turn to aaaallllll those people now.

I am the type of person that finds it really hard to ask for help from anyone. I would rather try to do it myself or if I could afford it, to hire someone. If I can’t do it or can’t afford it - I just leave it and learn to live with it.

Why is it so hard for us to ask others for help? Some would say it is pride but I don’t really think so. Not all the time anyway. I just don’t like to bother anyone else with my problems. I figure they have enough of their own to worry about.

I’d love to go back to the barter system. You do this for me and I’ll do that for you. Problem is, I don’t have a lot of things I could do for others. I am a Jane of all trades, master at none. I am into crafts and computing so what can I offer someone in the way of trade? What can I offer a carpet installer for example? A craft I made? Some printing on the puter??? Most people have their own computers now.

Speaking of crafts, here is a picture of a little angel I invented.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
She lights up when you plug her in. I have fun coming up with new ideas all the time. Right now I am working on a picture album scrapbook that I want to get together and post on Ebay and see if I can sell it. I am printing up scrapbook pages and cutting out all kinds of clip art to include. Then I am going to cover a binder. May post a picture of it when I am done.

Well that is about all my thoughts for today.

Ummmm, could you do me a favour? Could you have a nice day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dallas

Mom should have given us brothers to help with that stuff. I can't do it either and I am hogging Jerry for all the repairs at the cottage right now. (The cottage we bought was not finished).

You may not have brothers but at least you have son in laws! I will have to take up a carpentry class if anything ever happens to Jerry...

(Loved you REAL photo of Dar - she will appreciate the humor)

Bonnie

Darlene Schacht said...

You are so sweet, and I think you're a much better poet than you think. It is really good.

I feel frustrated to get my stuff done too, we all need a Jerry don't we? Or an Andrew.

Anonymous said...

I would lend you Wayne but I am still waiting for things to be done that were on the twenty year plan that are now on the 25 year plan. Great blog. Reading your blog is the start to a great day.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Dallas I,ll come and give you a hand what I can,t do I,ll get pop to help we can rip out your carpet and see where we can go from there Love Mom

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP