Tuesday, November 23

WHY DO I WRITE?





Why Do I Write?


I write because I feel like I have to write.  I feel driven to write.  I desire to write.  I have a longing to write.  I create when I write and I love to create.  It is like there is something inside me that is screaming to get out, to let my voice be heard, to express feelings and emotions.  I write because I want to honour My Lord and my King, share all that I know about Him, and that others might get to know Him also. 

I’m not a great writer.  I’m not even a good writer but I still desire to write and let my voice be heard.  I want to share all my joys and sorrows, my ups and down.  I want to let others know that I am a person, a real person on this side of the screen. 

I write to share experiences, thoughts and dreams.  I want to share my inside as well as the outer me.  I write about everyday occurrences to inform friends and family.  I share little anecdotes I find amusing,  hoping someone else will find pleasure in reading them.  I write about things I’ve learned hoping that others might benefit as I have.

What is in us makes us want to share?  Is it the oneness we feel inside even when in a room full of people?  I find that even then I feel like they don’t see me – the real me – the inside me.  It is important for me that they know the real me.  Why?  Why should it matter to me?  What difference does it make if they think that I am someone that I am not?  Will it really change anything in my life?  Probably not but then I feel like they believe a lie.  Truth matters to me.

We live in a corrupted world full of evil and dishonest people.  I don’t want to be one of them.  I want to be separated unto the truth, the real Truth.  There is not one truth for one and another truth for another.  There is only one Truth and that truth is found in the person of Jesus Christ.  He said “… I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man cometh unto the Father but by me.  (John 14:6)

Our whole world system began because of a lie and that lie is still being perpetuated even today.  “Hath God said?” Three little words changed the course of History.  These same three little words continue to grieve and hurt people today.

I see around me a world full of pain suffering and dying.  Everywhere people are searching for something – anything – that will fill that void and emptiness they feel inside.  All too often I see them searching in the wrong places.  They find pleasure for a season but it is fleeting and does not satisfy like they hoped.  They move on in another direction never seeming to find that peace that passes understanding. 

I write and I hope.  I hope that maybe, just maybe, my words might bring a ray of hope to a hurting soul.  I hope that maybe someone will listen and really seek to understand.  I hope that just one soul will turn to the only Hope we have in this world. 

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

That's awesome. I shared it on Twitter!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP