Sunday, November 7

THE SPECIAL MAN IN MY LIFE - MY NEW HUSBAND


I want to tell you about a very special man in my life.  My husband Val and I met him about 33 years ago.  We instantly became the best of friends.  There was just something about him that stirred something deep within. It was like we had known him all our lives.  We loved being around him and really wanted to get to know him well. We began to spend every spare moment we could with him.

He would tell us stories of long ago and of various accomplishments in his life and how he handled them.  He was so fascinating to listen to, we couldn’t get enough.  I admired him and what he had done so I would try to incorporate things he said into my own life.  I noticed Val was doing the same. 

He was so kind and gentle and was always willing to answer our questions or to give a hand whenever we asked him.  He never complained or seemed like it was an inconvenience.  He was closer to us than our own families were. 

My two girls grew to love him as much as we did and they always wanted to introduce him to their friends.  They loved hearing his stories and would often share them with others. He loved the girls and got along so well with children.  He seemed to know exactly what they needed and wanted and would share his insights with Val and I.  We really appreciated his knowledge. 

Many times he would drive to and from work with Val.  Sometimes he even had to take over the driving as Val would get so involved with talking to him that he wasn’t keeping his eyes on the road.  I was glad he was with Val as he helped to keep him safe on those long trips.

Over the years he taught me so many things.  He was always so well mannered and polite that being around him changed me.  I used to swear a lot but he helped me to realize that there was no reason for using vulgar language in expressing myself.  Besides it wasn’t very ‘lady like’. He had a great impact on me.

One thing about him that really impressed me was his calmness and forgiving attitude towards others.  People would say bad things about him, but he forgave them and didn’t let it bother him.  When I asked about it, he told me that forgiving others was something we did for ourselves.  If I held on to anger or resentment, I would only be hurting myself. The other person would go about their merry way and wouldn’t give it a second thought.  I would be letting their actions or words control how I felt. By forgiving others, I would be able to let go and not give anyone power over me.  It all made so much sense.  Everything he said made sense and came from years of wisdom and understanding. 

We went through a few really hard times over the years but he stood by us the whole time.  He often helped out financially as well as in other ways.  He was the best friend you could ask for. There were a few times I really didn’t want him around but he stayed anyway and I am so glad he did. He didn’t try to tell us what to do or what to think. He just went through it all with us and that was exactly what we needed.

I was so thankful that he was there when Val died.  He helped him on his journey.  He also helped me through the worse time of my life.  I don’t know what I would have done without him at such a crucial time.  He would just sit with me and let me know that I wouldn’t have to carry the burden alone.  He would help me every step of the way.   All I had to do was call on him and he was there.  He gave me the strength to go on when I felt abandoned and alone. 

A few months after Val’s death, I decided to invite him to move in permanently and to take control of everything.  I couldn’t do it on my own and I needed his help day and night.  He had been my best friend and confidant for so many years but now I wanted him as my husband.  He was delighted because he wanted that very thing.  He had been looking forward to it for a very long time.  I knew Val would be pleased.

He moved in and became my husband and my very life.  He is my constant companion and is always taking such good care of me.  I love him so much.
 
Two and a half years ago, we moved back to the city so I could be closer to my family.  He took care of all the details and our move went so smoothly.  When my sister was without a home for a short while, he suggested I let her come live with us till she could get back on her own two feet.  He is so considerate of others.  He loves my family and only wants the best for them. 

A little over a year ago, the apartment we were living in became a bit too expensive.  He found this great apartment that is a little smaller but less than half the price. We have plenty of room here and such a beautiful view.  It’s our little getaway from the rest of the world and so special to us.    

I can’t tell you how much he loves me and is always doing all sorts of things to show me his love.  Often I don’t notice till much time has past but he never seems bothered by that.  He just does them because he loves me.
He enjoys helping me write my articles and often has a lot of input in what I write.  He was the one to suggest I write this article about him as he would really like to meet anyone who reads this. 

Oh, did I forget to mention his name?  How silly of me!   
Some call him Yeshua but I call him Jesus.  

 Isa 54:5  For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

One marriage that is sure to last!

Anonymous said...

Well Misses

It has to be said, (enter the pot calling the Kettle black)... I check, ever day or so, and im waiting patiently for a new post.... Maybe if i spent less time checking and more time WRITING i'd have a new post myself- Haha, but just wanted to drop you a line and say i've been missing your posts.

Lots of Love and Hugs!

Stef

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP