Thursday, January 11

DOINGS OF ALEX

Dear Diary,

I 've got to tell you about what Alex did the other day.
I put him in his play pen while I was doing something. A few minutes later I said to him "Would you like me to make you a little tent?" All of a sudden clear as a bell he answers "O K"
I was shocked and looked at him and figured, "o.k. that was just a fluke". So I continued doing what I was doing.

As I began clearing off my table, I heard him say "All done."
Again I was shocked as he never says anything and here, twice he replied correctly. I hear him quite often imitating things he hears but he has not really learned to connect the words with their meaning yet.

But since that day, every time he finishes a bottle or I finish something I am doing and he says "All done". It is so cute. I would have expected his first words to be "No" or something similar but he has to be different.

The other night they picked him up and as he was about to leave I said "Give Grandma a kiss goodbye." He walked over and gave me one. I was so shocked and thrilled at the same time. He never does that.

He is the type that you wave bye bye to and he just looks at you like you are a nut. Then a few minuted later when he isn’t thinking too much about it - he will wave. Either he wants to do things his own way or it quite hasn’t connected yet.

I did a video of him dancing from the time he was 1 year old till now (17 months old) but I can’t seem to get it on my blog. The address is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrEbmrCg00s

If you would like to check it out.

Anyway, that is it for today. Must get back to babysitting.

Hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Tink,
That dancing video is the cutest thing! Wish I'd thought to do something of that sort when my kids were little.
Alex swings a mean hammer in that one segment.

Carolanne said...

How very, very cute!
Has he seen "The Wiggles" yet? Our son learned so very cool moves from them when he was Alex's age. LOL

agoodlistener said...

Keep on talking to him! Use the right names for things and he will to, and soon he'll have a vocabulary that all the other grandparents will envy. Isn't it great having a little one around?

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP