Saturday, January 6

DAILY DOINGS

Dear Diary,

So today was my first OFFICIAL day of babysitting since the holidays started. Mind you I babysat on Wednesday as Rob went to a funeral and I babysat Thursday night while they went to a movie, but today was a real day.


He came at about quarter to nine and was in a great mood. He seemed to stay in a great mood all day. He was so funny today I was laughing steady. I don’t know what got into him but he was so funny, cute and adorable.


At one point he did this little Indian Type dance where he stood in one place and stomped his feet up and down while bent over. Of course the minute you try to tape it he stops. I was laughing so hard and could hardly stop. Then around 4:30 he started watching for his mom and dad. He kept jumping on the couch and looking out the window and kept checking the door every few minutes. It is amazing. He has this inbuilt clock that seems to tell him when it is nearing time to go home.


Then at one time he was so involved in watching "Wheel of fortune" that he fell over sideways onto the floor. I couldn’t help but laugh. He thought the couch was there but was so involved he didn’t notice that he wasn’t near it. The look on his face was priceless. So shocked and yet trying to make me laugh even more. What an performer when it comes to getting attention.


When his dad left him this morning he was crying and hanging onto his leg like I was the meanest grandmother in the world, yet when it comes to going home, he acts like he is content to stay forever.


This little guy makes my life all worth while. What would I do without him???


I sometimes wonder what my role is in life and then I look at Alex and think that maybe he is my role. He has no other grandmother besides me. He is my youngest daughter’s child.
I miss not being able to spend the same amount of time with my other grandson, Tyler but then I reassure myself that at least he has another grandmother that I am sure dotes over him. If not, I will have to get in gear and make an effort to spend more time with him as well.


I was just thinking today, "Am I still as content as I was before Christmas?" The answer is yes. I guess I have accepted the fact that I am alone and a grandmother. It is me and Jesus all the way. He is my source, my comfort, my husband. He is all I need to get along in this world. He will lead and guide as He sees fit and it is up to me to just let him be God and let me be me.


Hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Tink,
It is really inspiring to read how you cope with things. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dallas

Your post makes us realize what matters in life.

I heard a verse on Sunday that made me think of you. Your post reminded me to share it.

Isaiah 54:5
For your Maker is your husband— the LORD Almighty is his name— the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Bonnie

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP