Sunday, December 11

SCATTERED THOUGHTS

Christmas is coming
Dallas is getting fat
Would you please put a penny
In Val’s hat.

That’s what my little sisters used to sing whenever Christmas was coming around. The little devils.

Well Val is gone now but you can send the pennies my way just the same. With inflation, I think you should make that DOLLARS now. All those wanting to donate - send me an email and I will gladly give you my address.

Here I sit with my tree all decorated (since early Nov.) and my house all decorated for Christmas, but I have no furniture. The company I ordered it from - guaranteed me - I would have it in plenty of time for Christmas. Now they claim they aren’t supposed to tell you WHEN you are going to get your stuff. Can you imagine that? What kind of a company works that way?

If I don’t get that furniture soon and get some sort of satisfaction from this company, I am going to spread their BAD name all over the net and warn people not to buy from them ever again. Something has to be done about this injustice.

Other than that, I am all ready for Christmas. All the gifts are wrapped and ready to go and I am ready to go. I am spending the holidays with one of my daughters and Christmas day at my parents house.

I am finding this time of year a little harder than usual as I don’t have my hubby around. Being alone sucks, but God has been taking care of me and I am so thankful for that.

I think when my sisters used to sing that song, it was really a curse they were putting on me. Sure enough, every Christmas Dallas seems to get fat - but where are the pennies? Only half the curse is being fulfilled. I really need to get a handle on this weight problem.

With my diabetes problem, I am eating much much better than I ever used to, but losing weight is so slow and depressing. I guess losing it slow is better than one big chunk that I would end up gaining back.

From my previous blog, I notice more people like snow than those that don’t. I still can’t figure it out though. So it looks nice - big deal. Lots of things look nice but are far from nice. You still didn’t give me any valid reasons for liking the white icky stuff. Sure, I like the look of snow on a moon lit night as well but that is as far as it goes. I still hate the snow itself. The look is pretty but the substance is yuck.

Well my friends, as you can see, my mind is all over the place today. Can’t really get a handle on blogging so I guess I will bid you farewell for this session.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I remember singing that song upstairs on Hill street, in the room where little Paul had his crib. You were a skinny rail, and I know you will be again if you keep up the determination.

Rebecca said...

I see that I should have sommented on your last blog that I also HATE snow. I find it cold, disgusting and the only time it has any kind of romantic element to it is around the holiday season...but that means only on the 24th and 25th December...not for the rest of the year! Brrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say, please do not be discouraged with slow weight loss. Even at 1/2 lb. a week -- at this time next year, you will be 25 lbs. lighter! I also know how difficult this Christmas is, facing it without someone you love. My mother passed last year in July, so this is my 2nd Christmas without her. I am clinging tight to our Savior - he will not forsake us!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP