Tuesday, April 3

OPEN LETTER TO ANNONYMOUS IN REGARD TO C.S.I. CHRISTIANITY

I am responding to your comments and I hope you don’t mind. I am glad that you love the fact that I am a Christian. Good for you.

As to your comment: "telling a story and enhancing it so that it is my own to tell is something else."

Fact: This is MY Blog and this is MY Story of the events that happened.

I agree that what happened next door was totally out of my control and may have had nothing to do with me. But the fact remains that I saw what I saw and the police involved me in it when they began asking me questions.

You say: Fact: The police were speculating more than they needed to on the cause of death probably because ignorant people decided to speculate it wasn't due to natural causes.

I tend to disagree with this comment as the police never bothered to check with any neighbours till at least 7:00 in the evening, so any spectulating they did was on their own or because of the fact that they had his friend in the car for nearly two hours.

You say, "Fact: Those same ignorant people don't even know your neighbour - Gator."

First of all you have made a judgement on these people and claim they are ignorant people. Secondly, you assume they didn't even know Gator.

Do you know these people? Have you sat and talked with them? Do you know anything about them whatsoever?

How can you claim they are "ignorant people". Did you know Gator? If so, then please fill me in on what he was like. I really would have liked to get to know him better.

Again you say: Fact: Gator was a very ill man. Since it is likely I will need to clarify what I mean...He was p-h-y-s-i-c-a-l-l-y ill.

I understand that Gator was on a disability pension of some sort. He may have used Marijuana for medicinal reasons. I grant him that. I did not make a judgement on what he had been doing with the Marijuana. I simply stated the facts as I knew them to be.

Fact: Gator had friends.

Yes, I know, Gator had many friends. Yet where were these friends when Gator needed money or cigarettes or just someone to talk to? They were not always available to him so he would drop over once in awhile to borrow things or just to chat.

"You've now left the impression that this guys life was not worth mourning over. And yet, you've taken it upon yourself to seek sorrow for your grief in the matter. You want pity? Well you've got it!!"

I’m sorry if you got the impression that Gator’s life was not worth mourning over. That was not my intention. I mourn deeply for him and his family. It is a very sad loss. In my own way I loved Gator with the Love of Jesus. I tried to treat him as I believed Jesus would have treated him. I was never uncourteous to him or turned him away. I gladly leant him things, never expecting their return but Gator faithfully returned what he borrowed (even though others cautioned me about him)

I have not sought pity for myself. I have stated the facts of what happened as I know them to be. I felt bad about Gator’s spiritual life. Not knowing where his eternal resting place may be, should be everyone’s concern.

As I said earlier, the marijuana may have been for medicinal purposed only. I did not state that Gator was a drug dealer or anything of the sort.

For you to make the statement that the friend who found him dead, might have encouraged Gator to use Marijuana for any other reason is making a judgement on that friend. Do you know Gator’s friend that found him?

I am sorry if I sounded judgemental in telling about what I thought of Gator. These were my observations from the few conversations we had together. Unless you know Gator personally and can tell me more about him, these were MY observations and opinions from knowing him the short time that I did.

For Gator’s sake (not mine) I hope to God that Gator died painlessly and naturally, and not because he was murdered. I cannot imagine what must have gone through his mind in those final moments.

As for disclosing anything, I just gave you the facts as I saw them. I did not speculate on anything.

From reading your comments I tend to think that you knew Gator personally. If you did, then I am very sorry for your loss and would love to talk to you more about Gator.
If you do not know Gator, then I can only surmise that something I wrote really ticked you off.

Could it be the fact that he used marijuana?

Maybe it was for medical reasons.

I am not against anyone using marijuana for medicinal purposes. I believe there is positive effects of using marijuana and scientists are looking into it more and more.

As for being haunted by your facts, I am sorry to say that I will not be haunted by that. I will be haunted by the fact that maybe Gator didn’t find a good resting place. That maybe he is doomed to spend eternity in pain and suffering. I would not wish that on my worse enemy.

The whole point of the article was to discus what occured and my feelings involved. It was meant to be a warning to others to do all they can for those around them at all times. We never know when it might be the last time we talk to someone.

I hope you have a good day and a great eternity.

1 comment:

John Cowart said...

Well, after being away for a while, you certainly made it back into blogging with a splash.

It's your diary and in it you can say anything you want. If those of us who read over your shoulder object, then we can go elsewhere and read over someone else's shoulder. This is about what you experience, think, immagine, question, find funny, or important. No need to change anything.

To me, your post about Gator came across as caring.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP